1 Week Before My Hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

1 Week Before My Hysterectomy 1 Week Before My Hysterectomy

Unread 12-28-2005, 08:16 AM
1 Week Before My Hysterectomy

Hi everyone. I am on the count down to my surgery. I have read so much about this, my Doctor has talked with me about this, and still I guess it is the not knowing, yet the knowing with what is about to take place. I am a 39 year old woman who is newly divorced after a 18 year marriage. I already have my children, who are 13 and 8. So for me, my hysterectomy is a very hearltfelt medical decision that we hope will help me in the future. I have mixed emotions and I pray that everything will turn out for the best.

SONYA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-28-2005, 08:21 AM

Hi Sonya!!!!! I am also from Ohio and I have an 8 yr. old dd!!!!! I don't know your exact situation, and I too am nervous (mine is on Jan. 12th) But I am sure after it is all said and done, we will feel much better after!!!! I have endometriosis, and am actually on my LAST period right now, and it is soooooo exciting to me. (probably kind of weird of me) I look forward to feeling better for myself, and for my family.......I tend to be grumpy and lazy from all the pain, and feel I should be doing alot more with my dd, but I just don't always feel up to it!!!!!!!!! So, my hope is that once this is all over, I will be a new woman!!!!
Best wishes to you!!!!!
Unread 12-28-2005, 08:44 AM

Hi Barb.

For over the past year I have had cysts that are rupturing on my right ovary and have been in the hospital a number of times thinking it could of been anything from my appendix to my gallbladder. After many Ultra Sounds and trying different things, it is time to do the surgery. My periods are 10 to 12 days long with heavy bleeding and the pain is overwhelming. I will have mine done through the abdominal area. We know for sure the right ovary will be coming out. Please contact me so we can talk.

Sonya
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-28-2005, 08:57 AM

Good luck with your surgery! Waiting is hard to do.
Unread 12-28-2005, 10:28 AM

Hi Sonya!
I know that feeling you're having. I hope your surgery is uneventful and you have a good recovery!
All the Best,
Laurie
Unread 12-28-2005, 10:30 AM

Hi Barb!
I had endometriosis also and that was the reason for my surgery. I just wanted to share my experience with you and let you know that all my endo pains are gone. I am 3 wks post op and have had a great recovery with no problems. I feel like a new woman and I hope you will too!
Best Wishes,
Laurie
Unread 12-28-2005, 11:39 AM

Good luck with your surgery.
You will feel like a new woman.
God bless.

Nancy
Unread 12-28-2005, 01:24 PM
1 week also until my hysterectomy

Sonya and Barb:
I too am from Ohio and my hysterectomy is scheduled for next wednesday, the 4th. One part of me can't wait to have the surgery because I can not wait to feel better (endometreosis and adenomyosis) and to not be so grumpy to my family because I don't feel good. I have an 8 year old son who can now tell when "mommy don't feel good". The other part of me is scare because of the "unknown". The thing that worries me the most is how much pain am I going to be in. But, from talking to a lot of women who have had this surgery, everyone says that I will feel like a new women.
I'm sure our surgeries will all go fine!
Deana
Unread 12-28-2005, 01:29 PM

Wow Ladies, isn't it crazy how similar some of us are???!!!!! At least we know we are not alone in our feelings!!!!! Best wishes to all, and to Laurie, I hope I come out feeling the same, Thanks!!!!!!
Unread 12-28-2005, 01:40 PM

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]It is crazy who a like we all are! This website is a God send!
Please feel free to contact me also if any one would like to talk. (pre-op or post-op)
Good luck to all of you![/font]

Deana

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register