TAH Vertical Incision, Staples Burn! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Vertical Incision, Staples Burn! Vertical Incision, Staples Burn!

Unread 11-17-2013, 10:09 AM
Vertical Incision, Staples Burn!

TAH surgery was Wednesday, 11/13 with a vertical incision. I am wondering did anyone else experience an almost constant burning feeling where the staples are?

The skin adjacent to the staples is tender but not inflamed or super-red... Just looking for other's experiences, I plan on calling my Dr Monday morning.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-17-2013, 10:40 AM
Re: Vertical Incision, Staples Burn!

Hi, I had a TAH with vertical incision, but with dissolving stitches. I didn't experience any burning feeling but maybe this is because you have staples? My doctor didn't even use a bandage - she just loosely covered the incision with gauze and it has healed really nicely, presumably because it has been exposed to the air.

I'd definitely ring your doctor tomorrow morning. Hope it gets sorted out for you soon.

Mary
Unread 11-17-2013, 11:06 AM

What helped me with the staples and burning was hot compresses. Nurses that called everyday after I was home gave me that tip. It also helped the day they were removed. Rehydrated the skin so there is no pulling. My burning went away and didn't feel a single staple come out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-17-2013, 11:23 AM

I had staples (38 of 'em!) and didn't have any burning. Marza7477's hot compress tip sounds like a good idea. What I found was that after a few days, the skin around my staples started itching furiously. Benadryl gel applied *along* but not *on* the incision helped this. I had my staples removed at 13 days, had a minor bit of pinching but no pain.
Unread 11-17-2013, 11:33 AM

Perfect! Thank you for the experiences and tips! I've tried using my heating pad on low with my t-shirt & a sheet I between the staples but it made them sore I've also tried a gel ice pack & it relieves but only as long as it's on. Definitely calling the Dr in the morning to see if there's anything else.

Thank you!
Unread 11-17-2013, 11:49 AM

My incision itched like crazy. Hot compress helped with that too. I wish I would've known or tried that when I had my c-section 11 years ago.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register