Scheduled TLH so tell me about these post hysterectomy binders? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

so tell me about these post hysterectomy binders? so tell me about these post hysterectomy binders?

Unread 11-26-2014, 10:05 PM
Re: so tell me about these binders?

What exactly is the point of them? What are they SUPPOSED to be doing? Is it just a comfor issue?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-26-2014, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by partschick View Post
I am so glad I had my binder. I am a bit overweight in my stomach and it has really helped me. I wear it so I don't feel like I have to hold up my stomach. I feel like it helps me walk straighter too. I agree it depends on your size. I highly recommend it if you hold any weight in your tummy.
I am thin but still found binder helpful for couple of weeks..
the jiggling when I wasn't wearing it was uncomfortable...
(don't know what was jiggling but something inside was)..
helped me walk better too ..sort of helped my centre of gravity...
Unread 11-26-2014, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabooX2 View Post
What exactly is the point of them? What are they SUPPOSED to be doing? Is it just a comfor issue?
They seem to provide women with support and a bit of stiffness in their core at a time when you can't really use your abs to hold yourself up very well. Probably more to it than that, but then again, I didn't wear one, so I can't say personally. It may also depend on what you had done during surgery -- I didn't require any endo cleanup or anything like that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-27-2014, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Women who like them often refer to support and avoiding jiggling. It's sort of like a bra but lower down.
Unread 11-27-2014, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurprisedInNB View Post
Women who like them often refer to support and avoiding jiggling. It's sort of like a bra but lower down.
good analogy...these are for comfort only..not some
therapeutic necessity...I liked mine but not all women like them so personal choice...I didn't even buy mine till second week post op...your body will tell you what it likes and doesn't...
Unread 12-01-2014, 08:59 AM
Re: so tell me about these post hysterectomy binders?

I got mine a few days after surgery, after I read about it here, and it really helped me. I felt jiggly and uncomfortable when I walked, and got very tired if I stood at the stove for a while. The binder helped a great deal with that and was especially helpful on stairs. I only wear it when I am up and moving around. It is very adjustable, so you can just get to the amount of support you need.
Unread 12-01-2014, 09:08 AM
so tell me about these post hysterectomy binders?

Quote:
Davinci 12/2. I see some saying they got a binder but didn't use it, some saying the Dr put one on them after surgery and it was the greatest thing ever...

What's the general consensus? Get one? Wait until after surgery?
My experience was after c-sections. I loved the binder. My insides were jiggly and that hurt and made me do less. The binder helped. I also had low back pain and it gave support.
I plan on getting binder and then some spanx type binders for later. Those are looser and easier to wear under clothes. I found when I would take my binder off for breaks it caused me to tighten my tummy muscles trying to maintain that support. Hope this helps.
Unread 12-01-2014, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corky1 View Post
also gave me comfort but only at beginning so it wouldn't feel like my organs were jiggling around when I walked etc...
Wait. I know this feels like a very dumb question, but does it really feel like your organs are jiggling around?
Unread 12-01-2014, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyCinnamon16 View Post
Wait. I know this feels like a very dumb question, but does it really feel like your organs are jiggling around?
I guess for some women it does? For me it didn't. I'm one of the ones who didn't wear or feel I needed a binder.
Unread 12-01-2014, 10:55 AM
so tell me about these post hysterectomy binders?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyCinnamon16 View Post
Yes. After my c sections (2) my insides were very tender and juggling around. They take your uterus out and examine it and put it back in. I imagine it's like that and more. Everything was jiggling against each other and tender. Felt very weird. Like nothing was attached or in place. Unstable. Jiggly and tender.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register