Surgery is still 6 weeks away (4/27) - Ugh wish it was tomorrow! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery is still 6 weeks away (4/27) - Ugh wish it was tomorrow! Surgery is still 6 weeks away (4/27) - Ugh wish it was tomorrow!

Unread 03-11-2015, 01:23 PM
Surgery is still 6 weeks away (4/27) - Ugh wish it was tomorrow!

Total LAVH scheduled for April 27th. Sooo looong. Even though it's 6 weeks away, I think about it all the time.

I've been putting off the inevitable for over a year. Heavy bleeding and pain due to growing fibroids. Pushed it too far (as I often do) and now anemia is a big problem. Feeling really cruddy all the time. Measures my doctor is taking to boost my numbers pre-surgery just making me feel cruddier (increased iron intake, increased progesterone to try to avoid more bleeding, etc.)

And now I'm done. Ok, I know it was my decision to put this off, but now that I've decided to do it, I just want to do it already! Yes, I tend to be impatient.

Anyone else have a long wait? Are you mentally prepping 24/7 even though it's so far away or am I being a teeny bit obsesive?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-11-2015, 02:19 PM
Re: Surgery is still 6 weeks away (4/27) - Ugh wish it was tomorrow!

I feel your agony. My surgery is suppose to be Mon 16th. I am post phoning it until, I think, April 13 if that date is still available. My surgeon away until tomorrow. I am losing my mind to put it mildly. Now to obsess for another month. I just want this behind me and get in with healing and recovery.
Unread 03-11-2015, 02:50 PM

I had a long wait for my surgery. I put my focus on trying to stay as healthy as possible.( having anemia made this very challenging)I did a lot of walking while listening to my favorite playlists on the iPod. I cooked up a few freezer meals and got my recovery spaces ready. Hang in there before you know it your surgery date will be here
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-11-2015, 04:26 PM

The wait is making me a bit crazy, too. I have 3 areas that have prolapsed that will be repaired in addition to the hysterectomy. Both my doctors said at least 6 weeks off of work, so that means waiting until June when summer break begins. I'm going to try to get a trip in first, so I'm trying to focus on that and not the surgery. Can't say I'm doing great with that. And I'm totally irritated about having my summer messed up.
Unread 03-12-2015, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcw20 View Post
The wait is making me a bit crazy, too. I have 3 areas that have prolapsed that will be repaired in addition to the hysterectomy. Both my doctors said at least 6 weeks off of work, so that means waiting until June when summer break begins. I'm going to try to get a trip in first, so I'm trying to focus on that and not the surgery. Can't say I'm doing great with that. And I'm totally irritated about having my summer messed up.
Oh no - I'm so sorry you have to wait that long. Absolutely get a trip in!
Unread 03-12-2015, 04:50 PM

I definitely had a long wait. They scheduled my TLH for March 9 back in the middle of January. Like you, I had put it off for over a year. My doctor told me the bleeding b/c of the fibroids would continue to get worse, but I just didn't want to have the surgery. After yet another 23 day period, I finally made the appointment to set a date. I felt impatient like you, but the time ended up going really fast... especially once I started getting the HysterSisters checkpoint emails. They tell you what you should be doing everyday leading up to the surgery, beginning a few weeks prior. I spent the six weeks picking out books I really wanted to read, fixing up my guest room for my friend who's spending the first week with me, making and freezing meals, working out A LOT since I won't be able to for a few weeks., and getting ahead at work since I'll be gone so long. Those things really did help make the time go quicker, but like you, I did think about it everyday. Then, this past Monday, I had it and I am sooo glad I did! Of course, I have pain and I already feel a bit bored, but I'm happy I had so much time to prepare. I even bought bottle water and body pillow and things like along the way. Each week, I would be just a couple of things. It really will be here before you know it. Good luck!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register