Prune Juice and other idea's | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Prune Juice and other idea's Prune Juice and other idea's

Unread 03-13-2005, 12:46 PM
Prune Juice and other idea's

I have read a few post's reguarding the prune juice and thought I would share my new knowledge!

First you need to warm the prunce juice.. ! I know gross but gotta do what a girl's gotta do!

I went in search of the right amounts of fiber to be eating for a healthy colon.. I varies but it seems that everything is about 35 grams is about the norm.

I had horriable horriable issues with this when I first came home. Here is what I have done since..

I am taking colace in the evenings at bedtime along with two benefiber tabs <they taste awfull by the way! ,In the mornings for breakfast I am having a trail mix fruit and nut bar. At lunch time I am eating one cupfull of trail mix <or a lil more depending on appitite> along with two slices of rye bread (cubed) and a half a cup of baby carrots . If I snack its fresh fruit!!!

I am keeping dinner lite, Pasta's and chicken and veggies lots and lots of veggies.

I am only using the prune juice now if I feel that things are not moving as they should be and I'm drinking it at night before bedtime.

Everyone on here was so helpfull in telling me to hang in there during those first few days..and to figure out the diet that best works for me.. and it worked.. and it was a god send!

Huggss to all Katilynn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2005, 03:14 PM

Hi Katilyn,

I sure know how you feel!

I found the right combination a few weeks ago while experiencing one of those "fun" episodes.

I mixed 3 tablespoonfuls of Milk of Magnesia, with a glass of orange juice and drank it along with 2 stool softeners. I'm very happy to report that, that did the job. I had no cramping or discomfort. Although, I didn't go too far away from home!

I have been very regular since, as I drink plenty of water & have a piece of fruit daily, citrus works best for me, especially tangeloes.

If I feel like a problem may be comming on, I'll eat a few dried prunes or drink a glass of pear nectar. The pear nectar sure tastes a lot better to me than the hot prune juice, which I drank a lot of in my first few days.

Take care!

Luvmabug
Unread 03-13-2005, 05:34 PM

Glad to hear others using foods for the "unblocking". I never used any stool softeners or gas medications, just LOTS of spinach, fresh apple cider, bananas, and dried prunes, apricots, and mangoes. My DH found a medical article about bananas jumpstarting the system, and my next-door neighbor recommended cooking the prunes a little. I ended up simmering the prunes and apricots for 1/2 hour and was sooo surprised it was so yummy--AND effective.

Hope this helps! You won't even remember the problems soon.

Oh yeah, and drink a LOT of water to smooth the works!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2005, 05:46 PM

One more thing, for anyone who can't stand prunes and such...a daily 8-oz. cup of yogurt does the trick. Get the "real" kind, with live, active cultures, not the aspartame-sweetened "candy" type. Good stuff, and it really keeps things humming along nicely. I put fresh or frozen fruit in mine, and it's like having ice cream for breakfast!

A.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register