29 years old and scared (surgery 2/27) - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

29 years old and scared (surgery 2/27) 29 years old and scared (surgery 2/27)

Unread 02-09-2014, 09:13 PM
Re: 29 years old and scared

Hi Nicole! I can understand how you feel with being so young and a momma. I'm 23 and my hysterectomy is scheduled for next month. I will be praying for you too and I hope you can recover quickly. I'm not much help because I'm scared too but just know you're not alone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-10-2014, 12:27 AM

Hello! My name is Allison. I'm having surgery on Feb 20, 2014. I'm having Total Hysterectomy remove uterus and cervix. I'm only 32 painful periods due to Fibroids tumors. I was wondering how long the surgery? How long they prep you for the surgery before they put you to sleep? I'm scared as heck. Nervous and scared.
Unread 02-16-2014, 11:07 PM

The surgery can range anywhere from 1 1/2 hrs to 4 or 5 depending on the procedure. You would have to verify with your surgeon. As far as surgical prep, they were great to chat with me as they got me onto the table. They covered me in warm blankets and got an IV going pretty quickly which gave me fentynol that made me very comfortable and sleepy. Next they asked me to breathe in oxygen through a mask and I was out. If you find yourself too nervous, request meds to calm you before surgery.
Unread 02-23-2014, 09:36 PM

I am 30 years old and have been suffering from very heavy bleeding for years. I also have endometious, and the scar tissue has took over my insides. My uterus and cervix is pulled up and back so far they cant reach it no more for pap smears or biopsys. The dr told me I have seven cyst on left ovary and 3 on right. I have pain daily and the cramps are horrible. With all this said I am second guessing surgery. My emotional side, my sex life, prolapsing bladder. I am beyond terrified. Sending prayers your way!!
Unread 02-23-2014, 10:38 PM
29 years old and scared (surgery 2/27)

Quote:
Originally Posted by casperbear70 View Post
I am 30 years old and have been suffering from very heavy bleeding for years. I also have endometious, and the scar tissue has took over my insides. My uterus and cervix is pulled up and back so far they cant reach it no more for pap smears or biopsys. The dr told me I have seven cyst on left ovary and 3 on right. I have pain daily and the cramps are horrible. With all this said I am second guessing surgery. My emotional side, my sex life, prolapsing bladder. I am beyond terrified. Sending prayers your way!!
I'm so sorry for all you are going through. This is a tough decision for sure. I hope you can pray about it as that helped me to decide. I noted all the problems I had existing and then what the "possible" problems would be. There was no comparison. And my husband would never want me to choose him over my fibroid removal. He promised no matter what the end result was for sex he would still make it fun and pleasurable. I needed to trust him on that! I made my choice to get my body as healthy as I could with surgery and then take the rest on as they come. I'm so happy about my choice. My husband knows that it's our love and being giddy about each other that makes our sex life. The activity is just a sensual bonus. We will make the best of what is our new normal. I hope you can find your answer and not have question in your heart. Praying for you.
I kept my ovaries only. Everything else was no longer a part of my future. Hugs
Unread 02-23-2014, 11:00 PM

I am 30 years old and the mother of 3, ages 8, 5 and 7 months. I was diagnosed on Valentines Day with a prolapsed uterus. The very next morning my uterus was bulging from my vagina! I see my Gyn on Tuesday to schedule surgery. I am in complete and utter disbelief that doctors and nurses are so non-chalant about a prolapsed organ and that they make you wait so long to fix it! They tell me not to lift anything over 5lbs but I have a baby to care for. I have been freaking out about my uterus falling out! Any suggestions?
Unread 02-24-2014, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniels1984 View Post
I do not have ANY vacation or sick days that are paid. They told me to take the time I need, but I need income too. I have no idea what E1 is?????
I don't know what your financial situation is, but I don't think we have anything like E1 in the us. Just a thought, do you get a tax return, could that help cushion some of the financial burden? I only ask because that is the only way my family is going to survive this financial hardship of me being out of work.
Unread 02-24-2014, 04:10 AM
Re: 29 years old and scared (surgery 2/27)

In california, if you have been at your job atleast a year, you should be able ti apply for fmla to hold your position, rate of pay, etc. you can also apply for temporary disability and they pay about 60% of your income. look into that, it won't hurt. You can apply ahead of time online, keep the confirmation #and then take dr note to the financial offices at they hospital the surgey is done and they can process for you with the confirmation #. I was actually able to call and just give them the number anf the dr put the note in system and they pulled it up. Try calling ahead of time to see how you can do this. I'm sure it's a little different between states

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register