Still a LIW | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 12-09-2003, 02:48 PM
Still a LIW

Well, after all of the wonderful support that you've all provided, my TAH had to be postponed. Now I know how the rest of you who've had to reschedule must have felt! I'd been battling the flu for the last week, and thought that the last of it was gone. I checked my temperature all through the night, and it never got over 99.8. But, once they took me back into pre-op, it was 100.9 and the dr. said no go.

Although I'm a bit disappointed, (okay, more like a lot disappointed) I know it's for the best. They will schedule me for January and if something comes open before then, they'll move me up.

You can imagine how the house looks after dbf and I both having been down with the flu. So, this postponement is good - I can go thru my nesting phase all over again, scrubbing like a madwoman.

And, after not having any solid food for a week, and not having anything to eat or drink after midnight, my family took me to IHOP and I pigged out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-09-2003, 03:00 PM
Still a LIW

OMG!! I am sorry! I know exactly how you feel, I went into the hospital for my pre-op visit, my fever was 101 and they couldnt get me out of there fast enough! I felt bad, but the dr on call is the one who told me to go on to my appt...I was so disappointed though, and achy, achy, achy...what a week.
Well, the way I am looking at it is, I can enjoy the holidays now and start the new year off a little slower!
Unread 12-09-2003, 03:51 PM
Still a LIW

I know you must be very disappointed. I had been sick the week prior and was sweating bullets leading up to my date. If you read my castle story, you'll know that there was a slight fear of cancelling mine when the holding area nurse found my temp to be 99.7. They decided to go for it anyway and I'm glad they did.

I can't imagine going through recovery while ill - especially if it's a coughing and/or vomiting illness, (anything that uses your stomach muscles). DS has been home with the flu and a high fever since yesterday, (4 days post-op for me). DH is scared to death I will get sick with my resistance being low after surgery. He's keeping DS and I separated as much as possible.

Take care of yourself and get plenty of rest so you can have your surgery in January
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-09-2003, 09:26 PM
waking up afterwards

yeah, you will know that something was done to you. I don't remember even coming to my room. I came around when they wanted me to roll over like a log is the way the nurse phased it I think. I said, "oooh", when I turned left and I said, "oooh", when I turned right. Don't ask me why they were turning me I have no idea. I was so out of it. They set me up with the pump. Put the button in my hand, and left me to my pleasures. I came around a little more that evening. They also gave me a shot of something in my IV before to calm me. The nurse that transported to OR, told me that the worst part of surgery would be her driving, and no sooner than she got it out of her mouth she ran into a wall, or some boxes not sure what it was. We arrive in the OR giggling like two 16 year olds having a sleep,over. The drugs did it for me.
So have no fear the drugs will be there and free flowing!
Unread 12-19-2003, 08:10 AM
Surgery schedueled for January 23

Hi Miko, Hope you are feeling better.My 3rd lupron injection and I am still standing.Sorry to hear your surgery was delayed.I am anxiously waiting for mine to be done with already so i can move on with my life .My only consulation for the moment is that I have had time to prepare for the surgery and be more informed as a result.My doctor informed me my 9 pound weight gain is not to my benefit.Nor my smoking.Well,it is the holidays and my tumor is shrinking and my blood presure is normal,soooooooooooo what is the big deal? I received my flu shot and have been on a vitamen supplement and calcium and iron so I have not even had a cold. I suppose I slacked off a little so I stated hiking a new route with my dog and picked up a resistence band to strengthen my arms & shoulders and abs .The good thing about life is that you always have a new day in which to start anew.Think of your postponed surgery as "new days'' to prepare yourself for your recovery from surgery and of course to prepare yourself for the unslaught of "Home For The Holidays"
Unread 12-24-2003, 06:04 AM
Still a LIW

Hey luck, congratulations on the tumor shrinking! That's fantastic! Mine didn't do much, but I am no longer anemic, so I'm happy with the lupron results. Now, if it will just keep me in menopause until my surgery on the 13th, I'll be ecstatic.

I am feeling much better, thanks. It did take a good 2 weeks to fully shake that flu bug. Looking back, I must have been nuts to show up for surgery. But, it was a good trial run through so that I'd know what to expect.

Funny that you mentioned the weight gain - mine is up and down 4-6 pounds every other day. I, too, have slacked off on my workouts. I'm starting back on the treadmill & my legs feel like cement weights. Oh well, gotta keep plugging along, right?

January is just around the corner! Enjoy the holidays - we don't have that much longer to go!
Unread 12-24-2003, 12:52 PM
Miko

Hi, I am kind of new here and haven't responded to many people. But after reading yours, the Lord put it on my heart to tell you, "All things are done in His time." He was looking out for you and when your surgery is done, you will heal and recover much smoother. Have a very wonderful Christmas!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register