4 weeks post op--How do you feel? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 weeks post op--How do you feel? 4 weeks post op--How do you feel?

Unread 02-09-2006, 09:45 PM
4 weeks post op--How do you feel?

Wow, I'm jealous, I don't get a 4 week check up!
I have to wait until the 24th. I'm doing remarkably well! No pain since I came home, not even a need for pain killers. Napping stopped after about week 1. No bleeding, cramping, nothing! Amazing! I just can't get over the fact that I will never have a period again!!!!
Whooooo Hoooooo! I'm so dang excited! As for the stiches, they are still up there. I'm hoping that they start coming loose before my 6 week check up or I'll bet I don't get cleared for sex. I'm so happy I found this site! You are all so wonderful!
Hang in there everyone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-09-2006, 10:14 PM

My TAH was January 9. All is going well. I still get tired and I feel like I don't have a lot of stamina. I go back to the Dr. on Feb. 21. I am still having some light bleeding too. I was a little concerned, but the Dr. said it was o.k. and it sounds like some of you are still spotting too. It is a little overwhelming to think about jumping back into life when just cooking a meal makes me tired. That is my big concern right now. I am assuming the Dr. will release me to go back to work after my appointment.
Unread 02-10-2006, 06:17 AM

Jan- You know im surprised that the Dr. gave me the ok for sex even with stitches. I just couldnt imagine doing anything with stitches still up there?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-10-2006, 08:28 AM

I will be 4 weeks Monday. I go back to the Doctors on the 15th. I want to go back to work the following Monday like four hours a day. Then officially full time on the 28th. I really want to get on the treadmill. I feel great other than a pain on my left side that comes and goes. So I want to start a lite excersice routine.
It is so refreshing to just read these post!! It makes me feel like I am not alone!
Unread 02-10-2006, 10:19 AM

I can't believe I'm four weeks post-op already! Only two more weeks before I'm back at work fulltime. From reading here, I think I'm right on track with everyone else...doing well, but tire easily, still have discomfort. Still have swelly belly. Not a hint of anything pms-like And no bleeding or spotting whatsoever. I did have my cervix removed, perhaps that's why?
Unread 02-10-2006, 11:12 AM

I also had my cervix removed, but have been spotting since week one post-op. It does seem to have slowed down a little bit, but still the same color(reddish/pinkish).
Unread 02-10-2006, 08:57 PM

Hi, gang. I had my TAH on 1/10. Had a knicked bladder, cath & then a trip to the ER one day after discharge due to a small blood clot in the cath. Anyway, once that excitement was over I feel like I was able to start the healing process. I didn't have a 4-week check-up either. I go back on the 20th - and will probably get released to return to work. Glad to here than I'm not alone with worrying how I'll manage. I can't imaging working for 8 hours, and then coming home to handle dinner, helping with homework, etc until bedtime. DH has been great, but he sleeps in the late afternoo/evening hours because he works 3rd shift. I, too, still tire easily and have the swelly belly going on. Have been living in sweatpants. Going to dinner with friends tomorrow night and had to buy a pair of larger pants today to wear. Still very tender in the belly area and still feel some tugging. Thanks to everyone who responded to this thread....it's so comforting to know that what I'm feeling and going thru is normal.

Good luck to everyone!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register