blood pressure after TAH | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

blood pressure after TAH blood pressure after TAH

Unread 07-06-2007, 11:11 AM
blood pressure after TAH

Anyone have problems with their blood pressure going up after TAH? My blood pressure was never over 120/80 before but now has been hovering at around 138/86. Not sure why.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-06-2007, 11:33 AM
blood pressure after TAH

Yes!!! I had a problem where mine shot up to stroke level(around 160/110). I went o my GP and he said that it could only be temporary. That the body goes through so much after a hyster, that some womens DO go up and then go back after awhile. He HAD to put me on med for it (b/c it was so high) and I think I stayed on it for about 2-3 months. I started feeling AWFUL and thought about what the Dr had said about it coming down, low and behold, it had come down, so I stopped the meds, continued to check my BP for over a month, and it had went back down! Even before my last surg(the BSO) on 6/26/07, when I first went back to the pre-op holding area, with my nerves being fried from fears of a 2nd surgery in 6 months I suprisingly went into surg with a BP of 124/ 70!!! So I would talk with my GP, to see what his advice is!!! Hope you feel better soon!!! HUGGGGS!
Unread 07-06-2007, 11:59 AM
blood pressure after TAH

Thanks for the reply. I see the doctor on Monday and I will mention it. Hope you are feeling good since your procedure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-06-2007, 12:12 PM
blood pressure after TAH

I had exactly the opposite. Before surgery I was hovering around 160/100. I got BP meds starting four days before my surgery. When the anesthesiologist saw what I was taking she said that I couldn't take it while I was in the hospital. After surgery my BP dropped to 110/62 and it hasn't gone above 130/80 since. The doctor said I was probably more uptight about my surgery than I realized. You think?????

Liz
Unread 07-06-2007, 12:47 PM
blood pressure after TAH

I never had bp issues prior to surgery but mine had the opposite effect. I was normally 110/75 approx and after surgery mine dropped to 70-80/40's my dr (2 days later) said that was normal and the nurses freaking out (in turn making me nervous) was unneccesary. Anyway, I hope you get yours worked out, I'll be thinking of you.
Unread 07-06-2007, 04:49 PM
blood pressure after TAH

Danielle, do you think it had something to do with getting 'done' on the 29th????

How are you doing?

Liz
Unread 07-06-2007, 05:56 PM
blood pressure after TAH

My pressure is normally high. I am on two differant meds. Yet right after surgery, while in the castle, it dropped to 90/50
Unread 07-06-2007, 06:01 PM
blood pressure after TAH

I am having problems with mine -- so that messes up your 29 theory unless my age counts.

Anyways -- my normal blood pressure is 110/65. I was around 80/40. Today at my appt. it was 92/53. My dr says its due to blood loss. I just need to wait for it to regenerate to get bettter.
Unread 07-06-2007, 07:51 PM
blood pressure after TAH

So, if our BP is low because of blood loss that would explain why we are so tired and weak when we get home. I mean, my hemoglobin and ferritin levels were too low before my surgery but the dr. said that they weren't going to give me a transfusion, they would rather that my body makes it up and with no more periods this time it should work.

Interesting, gives me something to think about.

Liz
Unread 07-07-2007, 10:12 AM
blood pressure after TAH

Liz --

Iron rich foods and lots of water will help you regenerate blood faster. If your blood work is too low you will need a transfusion to get you over the hump. I had 1 unit of blood but I needed at least 2 possibly 3 to get me to normal. The 1 was to help me get over the hump. Now we are carefully watching my diet and potassium levels.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register