Oh my boyfriend, such a MAN | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Oh my boyfriend, such a MAN Oh my boyfriend, such a MAN

Unread 07-29-2010, 08:28 AM
Oh my boyfriend, such a MAN

The DBF (dumb boyfriend) just asked me if I "really wanted him to spend the night in the hospital with me"

I was like ummmmm yeah I will have just had major surgery, you are staying...

he said "At least you will have a bed"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-29-2010, 08:31 AM
Re: Oh my boyfriend, such a MAN

Men!

When we had my first child the nurse showed my husband how the recliner folded into a bed. When she took the cushion off to do it, there were cob webs in it and he saw how close the matrress was to the floor and decided to sleep sitting. He had his heels crossed all night for two nights and ended up with very deep bruises on them. He still uses that against me when i say I have a headache!

Remember, they are going through it as well and apparently don't have grunts to express their feelings!
Unread 07-29-2010, 08:36 AM

LOL so true....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-29-2010, 08:43 AM

LMBO!!!!!!!!! I should tell him to go home and meet a hot male nurse or doctor! JK!!!!
Unread 07-29-2010, 11:12 AM

It is important for him to stay. My hubby stayed with me had a bad bad reaction to the pain meds! The doc over dosed me..If hubby hadn't been there things would have been really really bad. Your BF needs to be there to make sure of what the doc is giving you and how much and how often so there is no confusing! Plus once the cathider is out you'll need help walking to the bathroom!
Unread 07-29-2010, 11:54 AM

My husband wasn't even going to take off work the day of my TVH. He also assumed that my sister or mother would be taking my home. Umm..HELLO...idiot...you will be taking me home! To me it's the unspoken expectation between a man and woman in a serious relationship. Men!!
Unread 07-29-2010, 12:13 PM

My hubby told me that he will be back the next day after surgery when I am ready to be picked up as I will be having my best friend there for the night. I told him, ummm NO you will be there when you wake up...Little does he know he will be up at 7:30 in the morning so my sis can make my bed for me LOL
Unread 07-29-2010, 12:48 PM

My husband is unapologetic about being up all in my business when at the hospital giving birth or when the kids went to the ER. He gives a reasonable time after a request and then goes and finds someone to get my meds/etc....but a reasonable time. He's not difficult unless the nurse is lazy and/or sitting down with her legs crossed talking. Then he can get quite surly.

He always makes the doctor tell him what med is going to be given and how much if the doctor doesn't do it himself/herself. He checks that against the nurse / respiratory therapist is actually giving.

Once, he stopped the respiratory therapist to ask right before they gave my son a breathing treatment. He asked about dose, drug name, and side effects and they said "oh none unless you have a peanut allergy". My husband yelled STOP so loud people came running. My son is allergic to peanuts, said so right there in the chart. That could have been bad.

Practice defensive medicine.

My hubbie will be there with me every second to make sure I get what I am supposed to.

LL
Unread 07-29-2010, 03:42 PM

My hubby would have stayed but I didn't want him to. All I wanted was to sleep. Once he was sure I was ok I sent him home.
Unread 07-29-2010, 05:05 PM

I don't want my hubby there. But my mom pitched a fit, saying his place was with me, and what if something happened that he had to sign for, etc...umm we only live 7 min from the hospital, and there are phones!

Anyways, just to get her off my back, I told my husband to take me, come back here right away, then come back around 10 (about an hr into the surgery). Or call first and see if we'd even started.

He stayed with me for the c-sec, told him to sleep at home. They never let you sleep at hospitals, and I'd rather he be home for the baby, because he's going to be freaked out as it is.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register