i'm getting so nervous - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

i'm getting so nervous i'm getting so nervous

Unread 09-07-2001, 07:06 AM
CA & CT

There seem to be a lot of sisters from CA. I now live in CT but am a S. CA native and will always be a California Girl

Julie, hey I am in CT too!! I am in Darien, where are you? I am supposed to be shed. for 1st week of Oct... I just want the actual date!! My Dr. wants me to bank my blood also-I'd be interested in hearing about your experience. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. The week you are facing now must be the longest pre-op week. WOW!, you'll be on your way to recovey in just over a week!!!!!(That's just another way of looking at it)

Good Luck to all!
Cat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-07-2001, 03:13 PM
i'm getting so nervous

Hello Cat,
You know, when you look at it that way, it does seem so much better. I am in Groton. The submarine base. My husband is on a boat. Actually, he is out to sea right now. Has been gone since May. That is another added stress to the whole thing. The way I look at it though is that he will have a brand new wife when he returns. Life has been no fun for him living with the hormone witch. I am almost there. I cannot believe it is coming so soon.
Hugs and Prayers,
Unread 09-07-2001, 05:15 PM
i'm getting so nervous

Hi Ladies!

I'm new to this site too. I'm scheduled for a TAH/BSO on Sept 20th. At times I wonder what the heck I'm doing and other times I know that "life after surgery" has got to be better than what I go through now. I've read a lot of your posts and it's so nice to know that I am not in the boat alone. My dh tries hard to be there for me, but only another woman about to go through the same thing (or has gone through it) truely knows how you feel.

Good luck to all the "September Sisters" both in surgery and recovery!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-07-2001, 05:27 PM
i'm getting so nervous

Hi there, I think this site is marvelous, the hystersisters gave me so much good advice---I felt like i knew what to expect. The 3-4 week wait is the worst--I went through variety of stages--mad at having to put life on hold, weepy cuz I didn't want to be a dried up old lady. Week before surgery felt more relaxed and ready for it. Had my surgery 3 mornings ago---I'm pleasantly amazed at how i feel---still taking a few tlenol with codeinebut figured pain would be 7 or 8 and I think it is 2 -3. Had tah,,bso. So take deep breaths, wish I had not fretted so much---plus for anyone that is overweight---that made no difference. Good Luck ladies----Maybe see you on the chat line.
Unread 09-07-2001, 05:33 PM
Hey hot glue queen

Great to hear you're doing so good -- I hope I can say the same in 2 weeks!! And thanks for the tip about being overweight - that's been a concern of mine since I'm not known to be a"skinny minnie" Keep up the good recuperating.

Jane Elizabeth
Unread 09-09-2001, 03:15 PM
i'm getting so nervous

Hello to all! I'm a newbie, also. My surgery is October 10th. So glad I found this wonderful site! It is what finally helped me make up my mind on which route to take. Now the wait... but I visit the message boards daily. The wealth of information from other Hyster Sisters is keeping me well informed, encouraged, and even amused!

You have my prayers and wishes for the best of success in your surgeries, recoveries and all the years down the road!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register