Soooo many appts? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Soooo many appts? Soooo many appts?

Unread 03-12-2003, 08:18 PM
Soooo many appts?

Well now, my curiosity is sparked. I am sitting here so VERY anxious for my surgery date to arrive (TAH 4/1 not sure if losing ovaries) I seen my GYN on 3/6, at that appt he decided to do the hyst. and it was scheduled and so was my "pre-op" appt with the hospital. But that is the only appts I have. He never mentioned having to see me at all besides the day of my trip to the castle. When all you ladies and princess' mention your pre-op appt are you seeing your GYN? Or is that the hospital pre-op? I am trying to write this off to just having the jitters and being impatient to have this over with. But I am still curious. Also I have another burning question...this may seem silly but I am having a real big dilema over it. I have really long hair (almost to my rear!) It is naturally curly and tangles real easy. I really don't want to wake up from anesthesia and have a big nasty mess on the back of my head to deal with. Aside from cutting it all off :-( What suggestions could anybody give me for a way to fix it. I am pretty good at doing my hair, such as french braiding, pony tails, pig tails etc etc.....I am just looking for the "best" way? Well I am impatiently counting....2 weeks and 6 days to my big trip to the castle!!! I can hardly wait! Thanks all!!! Much love
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-12-2003, 08:44 PM
Soooo many appts?

I think I can safely say that I was feeling a bit impatient to get my surgery done and over with too.

It is probably a combination of jitters and excitement for your new life as a to begin. The wait is always the hardest part!

At the time of my surgery, I had long hair too. Mine was not as long as yours tho but pretty close.

I would think the best thing to do is to put it up in a braid. It would help keep it from tangling. Do what you feel most comfortable for yourself and the least hassle.

I am sure other sisters will be along shortly to help with more suggestions. I am sure you will do great, no matter what your hairstyle.

s
Unread 03-12-2003, 08:46 PM
Soooo many appts?

I am having a TAH, not sure @ the ovaries yet, on April, 1,2003 also. My hair is about mid back length and I am having one of my friends corn row it into 6 or 7 braids. After a few days in the hospital, when you want to take it out it will still be somewhat clean and you won't have any knots. My friend puts conditioner in it when she braids it.
I'm really not sure about the answers to your questions, because, I too am asking them. I do not have an appointment for anything but the pre op hospital testing either. Last time I saw my doc was the beginning of March when he finally said we should do this. I have talked to him a few times but only for pain meds.
It is so hard to wait, and I always feel like I am whining....and more whining...I hate it, but it is so hard to think of anything else. Especially when I am always in pain and trying to comtinue working until the day of surgery.
Good Luck to you and you will be in my prayers....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-12-2003, 09:15 PM
curious carrie

Hello Carrie :hair:
Don't cut your hair! just braid it!!! I have been busy getting my house in order! making sure that the castle and all in its kingdom are on the ye old provider list. I know that its only March but May is coming up fast sooo much to do so little time. As far as curious and anxious go Im right with ya, best to you on your day of liberation

Ding
Unread 03-12-2003, 09:30 PM
Soooo many appts?

I used to have very long, very thick hair (I was able to sit on it) and when I needed to control it I braided it then wrapped it around itself in a knot either at the back of my neck or around my head. I didn't have to deal with long hair for surgery, thank goodness. However, you should know that they will probably make you wear a lovely and fashionable cap with an elastic band on your head to hold all your hair in when they do surgery. I would have used the above strategy to fit it all in the cap, then have it not be all knotty afterward. Figure out how to wrap it so you can lay on your back and your head and neck can be comfortable, because that is how you will be laying for surgery and afterward in recovery.

Best of luck with your surgery.
Unread 03-13-2003, 08:28 AM
so many appointments

First to answer your question about pre-op...I did have one yesterday with my dr, but then I had surgery New years Eve...he wanted to make sure all was ok even though I had a post op check up with him 30 days later... and do a physical with me, and time to answer 400 questions I had for him...
This was real good and I felt better after the appointment.
Second a story about the hair! I have thick thick hair....I only weigh 105 lbs and swear I have 20 lbs of hair. i keep it neat, and it is only not quite shoulder length! Well when I cam out of the recovery room, the nurse took off my blue pretty becoming hat..."Oh my" she said! "you have some mess of hair there lady!"
Well she was laughing so hard as all that hair stuck under a small blue paper hat..it exploded! Ha ha ha ha...when she was wheeling me down the hall to my room, she asked if anyone was in the waiting room for me...I said yes my hubby...well he had seen me throught the window, came out and said..."I could tell it was you by the big mass of hair! ha ha ha ha" For some reason my hair stuck to the hat and electricity? made it just stick out all over! Anyway, if your hair is long I would braid it...how in the heck am I going to control mine with a three hr surgery instead of a half hr one? Bahhhhhhhhhhh ha ha ha ha
Nan-c
Nan-c
Unread 03-13-2003, 08:52 AM
hi carrie

I am having my surgery on monday the 17th--yikes!!!!!! and i have had appts out the wazoo---i have high blood pressure so that may be why i have had more than the normal appts-i had to go to my primary yesterday and get medical clearance-i had my pre-op at the hospital today -and i have my pre-op with my gyn tomorrow-i am really ready to get the done and over with-i am having a lavh hopefully. I have long hair too-and i am going to get my mom to french braid it before we leave for the castle monday morning. Good luck and wish me luck too.

love,

brenda

:
Unread 03-13-2003, 01:24 PM
Soooo many appts?

Hi,

well, since your gyn saw you recently, maybe you won't need to see him again at your pre-op. I had quite a bit of time between my consult with a doctor and the actual surgery date, so I did see him again. At my pre-op, I (and my husband) met first with the surgeon, and he examined me and we discussed risks, etc., and I had to sign some forms (have you done that?) and then I walked over to the hospital and did some pre-admission stuff.

My doc also came to see me briefly in the pre-op area the morning of surgery.

A braid might be a good idea for your hair. They do put a little shower cap thing on you so you can maybe twine it up underneath that and keep it neat?

good luck!
Unread 03-13-2003, 04:48 PM
Soooo many appts?

I saw my DR at the end of November 2001 for a never ending period. She sent me for an u/s and told me it was probably time, to think it over and when I went back to review the u/s results we would talk about it.

I went back mid Dec, we decided to go ahead, so it was scheduled that day for 02/05/02. I didn't see her again until surgery. I had a hosp pre op the week before surgery. My DR did call the night before to see if I had any last minutes questions for her. Then I had 2 post op apts.

Best wishes!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register