tomorrows the day - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

tomorrows the day tomorrows the day

Unread 09-18-2005, 06:28 PM
tomorrows the day

Best wishes to all you for tomorrow !!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-18-2005, 08:05 PM
tomorrows the day

Hi all you gals scheduled for Monday. I am now going on 12 weeks post op and am taking a canoe trip October 6th so I'm here to say there IS much blue sky in your future. My surgery was uneventful, they were overly concerned with what little pain I had, I had no nausea, the gas pains lasted about a half a day and I must say they hurt, but you'll make it. I declined more pain meds than I took. I was on the pump for 12 hours and then only took 5 Percocet in the hospital. I found getting out of bed the hardest thing to manage. I'm chubby but in pretty good shape and health. All my nurses were awsome, my doctor was terrific, my anesthesiologist was very cute, all in all, my only complaints were the food (OMG) and the bill (again, OMG). My attitude was extremely positive, I was alone, and I was released early. I am convinced my attitude saved the day in many ways. The second night, "What About Bob" was on T.V., and my roommate and I watched it and laughed together. I did not sleep well, but rested and visualized my insides mending and how much better off my overall health would be. When I came home, I slept good, took Colace to help with bowel issues, drank lots of liquids, and talked on the phone. I was totally able to cook my own meals from day one. My focus was always on not overdoing it, following the rules, making sure I didn't do anything to disturb my healing process.
I know I have gone on pretty long winded here, but my intention was to share with you a very positive outcome to a very scary experience. Your focus can make a difference girls. Be positive, be thankful for the technology that enables us to improve our lives and trust that all will be well.

Good luck and hugs to all of you,

Patty
Unread 09-18-2005, 08:12 PM
tomorrows the day

Best of wishes to all tomorrow. You all will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-18-2005, 09:07 PM
tomorrows the day

Tomorrow is "my day", too -- I'm having some more surgery to fix a complication from my hyst. So we can be es together!

to you.
Unread 09-18-2005, 10:51 PM
tomorrows the day

mjd2491,
sorry to hear that you have to go back for more.I hope that everything will go well for you and that you do not have any complications. I am not looking forward to going to the castle at all...you may as well say that this is one queen who is wearing a frown instead of a crown...ha!ha! try to get some rest tonight and thank you for your well wishes,
Bernice

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register