Hip pain when sleeping at night anyone? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hip pain when sleeping at night anyone? Hip pain when sleeping at night anyone?

Unread 10-20-2006, 07:15 PM
Hip pain when sleeping at night anyone?

I have the same pain before and after the hyster. I think it might be from me having wide hip bones. It actually hurts from the hips to the buttocks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-20-2006, 08:37 PM

Tink -

I couldn't have described it for exactly than you have... And you are only days ahead of when I (mmm and Angel) started experiencing this. It has to have something to do with the surgery (lack of/ return to exercise, temp ovary shutdown, excessive sitting etc). I don't buy that with surgery, and pretty much at the same time we are all experiencing the same thing, but there is no connection.

I am going to try Angels tool (Advil) and see if this is still a problem at the New Year. If so, then I'll worry.

Julie
Unread 10-20-2006, 08:48 PM

Yea, from what I've read here... I think I'm going to wait at least a week and see if it just gets better. Too coincidental, don't you think?
I certainly don't need any more medical bills right now if I don't need them!
Lets keep each other posted on how its going! Hope we all get a pain free, peaceful nights sleep!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-20-2006, 09:03 PM

I also had hip pain and posted about it too, it went away but it did last about 4-5 days.
I hope it goes away for you too!
Unread 10-21-2006, 05:15 AM

I read on another website last night (had a no sleep night) that sometimes after abdominal surgery some people will experience hip pain. They explained it as muscles and ligaments that are stretched aside for the surgery are attached to many structures in the lower body, some of these to the hip bones and structures. As these muscles and ligaments start to heal and we start using them more, they can cause some deep muscle (some feels like in the bone) pain. They also had a bit on the swelling putting pressure on nerves which would explain why mine felt worse at night most times (the peek time for my big swelly).

Ice/heat/advil, and certain exercises are supposed to help. They recommended getting input from doctor if needed before strenuous exercise but to start with light stretching.

I guess this all makes sense and just thought I would share. I think that every hysterectomy should come with coupons for free massages!

Fairney
Unread 10-21-2006, 05:35 AM

Fairney -

Thanks for your imput. It makes sense. I think I will stay with my thought of seeing where I am at the end of the year. I had numerous fibroids along my broad ligments and think this probably ties to that.

Julie
Unread 10-22-2006, 01:27 PM

Hi Fairney,

Thanks so much...this does make sense. I didn't realize until I read this just now that when I have more a swelly belly it is worse. I was less swelly last night and no hip pain..the nights I had it worse were more swelly belly times..hummm, interesting.

thanks for clarifying and giving me hope now. I was worried about that hip pain.

Have a good one.
Unread 10-22-2006, 02:02 PM

Angel -

Last night. I woke up at about 4 am with the hips just on fire they hurt so bad. About 6 am I realized if I scrunched down a little, and rested my ankles on the foot board, they felt better (ok this sounds right about now like a great thing huh?).

Sigh

I woke up 45 minutes later with my knees screaming and very sore ankles (hey but the hips were still ok). Ofcourse in the right of day, it made sense why this was a bad idea.

I was talking to my mom about this today. My hips have spots that are lightly painful if I touch them just right. I pointed exactly to where hurts and she says its tendon.

Sigh

All I know is tendon, muscle, cartlidge, bone, whatever ....I just wish it would come to pass.

Julie
Unread 10-22-2006, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterAngel
Good evening, Sisters!

Is anyone having hip pain at night? I am a side sleeper and I have to keep rolling back and forth all night cause my hips hurt.

For a couple years I would get this right before my period and 2 days into the period and it would go away until the next month. I have noticed since my hyser, I have this pain every night now. Last night it was horrible I could of cried. I'm afraid post hyster I am stuck with this now the rest of my life

Anyone else experience this? It was very cool and rainy last night.......hummm, maybe it's my fibro or I'm just getting oldddddddddddddddddd lol.

Thanks!

I have had this pain ever since my hyst. I tried everything. Finally got a brand new bed, pillowtop, and it seems to be quite a bit better.

If I try to lay on the floor or anything I end up in excruiciating pain again. It's been almost three years since my surgery.
Unread 10-23-2006, 09:03 AM

So odd to be reading this today. I had a bit of a pain issue last night that was severe enough that I had my darling MIL come over for an hour or so. Scary....

Anywho, she mentioned that her hips have been killing her and I asked her about the pillow between the knees. She said she does that but I asked her if she also put something under the knee that was closest to the bed as well. Like when I lay down on my side (rarely!) I put the edge of the pillow under say my left knee and wrap it over the knee and put my right knee on top of the pillow. Make sense? You need to fix the alignment of not just your top hip when laying down, but also your bottom one.

Another suggestion (and yes this is a down the road thought.....)......when we went to Charleston the last time, the hotel we stayed at had redone all the rooms with those Tempur-Pedic mattresses. If you go to the TP website, there is actually a listing of what hotels use those mattresses. I was absolutely blown away by how good I felt sleeping in that bed. Even my right shoulder that is so damaged felt great! My back, my neck, you name it. When we went to buy a new bed the only reason I didn't get it was because DH didn't like it. If you are a bigger person (he's a bigun!!!!!) you tend to sink in the mattress more and if you try to move you need to pull yourself up and out of your body impression. It didn't work for him but for me.....pure bliss. So if you're going to travel, consider looking for one of those TP hotels and give it a try.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register