Feeling like I'm getting my period?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Feeling like I'm getting my period?? Feeling like I'm getting my period??

Unread 04-05-2005, 08:15 AM
Feeling like I'm getting my period??

Ok, it's 5 weeks now since I had my vaginal hysterectomy and as if I haven't had enough pain and discomfort throughout my post-op recovery I woke up this morning rather startled to the sensation of cramping as if my period was about to sart!! Let me tell you....that was quite a shock and no one told me this would happen but is this normal? I have heard of people still feeling their body parts after amputation but come on!!! lol
Anyway, I'm curious if any other women have gone through something similar to this. It would really help to know. :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2005, 08:21 AM

Hi, that didn't happen to me. I felt lots of different sensations though, some were kind of unusual

If you're really concerned, maybe you should give your dr a call about it.

Best wishes.

s
Unread 04-05-2005, 08:42 AM

yesterday when i woke up my boobs were bigger and tender and i had gained 2lbs of fluid! I checked the calendar and my period would be due tomorrow - at least i know my ovaries are working!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2005, 08:54 AM
period blues

I had my surgery 12/08/04 and have been finding out new things all the time one thing that I don't like is that , I still have the monthly period symtoms. I do like not having the actual flow of menses but yes it's true you will still have those pains for some time. SORRY!!!!
Unread 04-05-2005, 05:21 PM

My dr told me, after my TAH 3-21 Uterus removed kept ovaries, that I would have no more problems with cramping which that and enlarged uterus was reason for TAH. So after reading your post I'm getting alittle worried. I hope I don't have any more cramps they really knocked me on my butt every month.
Unread 04-05-2005, 05:28 PM
Feel like I'm getting my period??

I kept my ovaries as well and I had Adenomyosis with constant cramping and horrible periods so I sure hope this goes away sometime soon. I'm seeing my doctor within the next week and I'll find out what she says and relay that info. ;-)))
Unread 04-05-2005, 06:46 PM

I'm 7 1/2 weeks post op (TAH/kept ovaries) and I had some symptoms about a week ago. I can't complain though my periods were horrible and with only my ovaries, it can't be as bad! Please let us know what your Dr says.
Unread 04-11-2005, 10:32 PM

Yes I am 5 weeks post-op (LAVH kept ovaries) and woke up this morning with period cramps and similar symptoms I had previously and I am due for my period today!!! Want to cry I have my first DR appointment on Friday and will be questioning him at length. After suffering with endometriosis for so many years this is a little disheartening to say the least.
Unread 04-11-2005, 11:12 PM

HI! I am 6 weeks now (TAH). I see that you are TVH but did they take the cervix - or all of it? If it has not been completley removed, that could account for some of your symptoms. Mine was removed completely... but if phantom organs can happen like phantome limbs - I want to know more about it! Please tell us more - I, too, do not ever want to feel a cramp again! Could it be gas? I really hope the they are nto cramps for you and that whatever they are, even if they feel like cramps, they stop stop soon and never return! Stay in touch about this - all the best!
Unread 04-12-2005, 08:27 AM

I know how you feel. I've always known when I ovulate because it is painful. Had some horrible cramping from ovulation about a week and a half ago. (Looked a the calender and figured out it was that time) This week my boobs have been really tender and my lower back kills me every morning just like when I'm about to start my period. I sure as heck hope I don't cramp when my periods are supposed to be! Painful debilitating periods were the main reason for my surgery! At this point, I'm wishing I'd had my ovaries removed too! I hope this doesn't last forever.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register