Bundle of Nerves | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bundle of Nerves Bundle of Nerves

Unread 04-05-2006, 01:34 PM
Bundle of Nerves

The last time I was on this site was in 2003 at which time it really helped me emotionally. I was having bleeding problems since 1997 when my son was born and looking for answers. I opted at the time not to have surgery and tried a number of BC pills in 2004 I was bleeding for 14 days then would stop for 5 ans start for another 14. I finally found a pill, Marvlon, which controlled the bleeding but my periods were still so heavy that I had to plan around them. 3 or 4 days every month I could not leave ther house. I missed my parents 75 birthday party because I was bleeding. In the last few months the Marvlon stopped working so dr switched me to the strongest there is well I started bleeding yesterday and today is the worset it hase ever been in my life. I have decided enough is enough and when this bleeding slows I will get tothe dr and ask for a gyne referral. I plan to tell this gyne I need surgery yesterday ni ifs ands or buts about it. This living my life around my period is taxing physically and emotionally and I cannot do it anymore. One reason I waited is I am 47 and though menopause was near I can't wait anymore. My sister is 3 years younger and starting to skip periods etc and mine is worse and worse. I say enough is enough but when I think about it I get scared because I worry about side effects after wards. Any words of support and success stories would be so welcomed and if I can convince the dr I might have a 3 to 6 month wait for surgery so can use all the support I can get.

Stressed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2006, 02:57 PM
Bundle of Nerves

Stressed,
I have not had my surgery yet but can tell you that in my case I just kept going in. I was soo tired of the mess! The first time I had to have 5 units of blood and much testing(they thought it could not be coming from just periods and were WRONG it was) The next time I had a d&c. The next time was an ablation. Things did get better for about three years and then it all started again. I just turned 50 and it didn't appear I was going into menopause so gyn FINALLY gave the word. As you can see I go in next week. Scared and "stressed" too but I know it will work out for us. TC as you go forward and be strong. You have come to the right place. This board "ROCKS"!!!!
Unread 04-05-2006, 04:12 PM
Bundle of Nerves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stressed
Any words of support and success stories would be so welcomed and if I can convince the dr I might have a 3 to 6 month wait for surgery so can use all the support I can get.
Hi Stressed!

I'm sorry to hear your quality life is being compromised by the problems you describe. There's at least couple of good forums on the site where members describe their feelings about having had a hysterectomy. These forums are accessible from the main forum menu page.

In the "Tell Your Hyst-Story" forum, new Princesses describe how their surgery went and how they feel in the early post-op weeks. In the "Beyond the Land of Hyster" forum, members talk about how the hysterectomy has impacted their lives on a long-term basis.

I hope that, in partnership with your doctor, you make the surgical decisions that are best for you!

Many s and Best Wishes,

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register