blood clots/dr push out | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

blood clots/dr push out blood clots/dr push out

Unread 02-03-2010, 04:10 PM
blood clots/dr push out

had my lavh on the 8th. went to dr. yesterday steri strips didnt come off on their own, thought i was doing ok, he said i could go home and remove them in shower or he could do it, thought they had dried blood under them. Glad i didnt do it at home or i would've freaked, took first off had a clot, then a bunch of clots, he literally pushed on my stomach till i wanted to kick him to get them out, said i handled it better than they did. said pain should be gone now, keep in mind he only gave me 2 wk. supply of pain med. so i had none yesterday, none today and still in pain. he cleaned it with peroxide, put gauze on it and told me it might bleed, might have more clots if they are big to let him know. not much bleeding today, just pressure and pain, scared of the thought of him having to push on my stomach again if there is more. Gonna shower now, should i put peroxide on it? anyone else have these problems? i'm hi risk for strokes but nurse said its not the kind that travel its under the skin. beginning to wonder about my dr.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-03-2010, 07:22 PM
Re: blood clots/dr push out

The nurse is right, as the blood clots are above the venous surface....but it makes me wonder why he waited so long to change your strips? In any lap surgery I've had I could change them in a matter of days. Kind of weird.
Unread 02-03-2010, 10:11 PM
Re: blood clots/dr push out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura1122 View Post
he cleaned it with peroxide, put gauze on it and told me it might bleed, might have more clots if they are big to let him know. not much bleeding today, just pressure and pain, scared of the thought of him having to push on my stomach again if there is more. Gonna shower now, should i put peroxide on it?
Hi Laura,

I am sorry you are going through this. I have not heard of this problem before. I just wanted to say that I had LAVH BSO and I was told to take the steri strips of in a couple of days. I was told not to cover them after that. But, being you are having the problem with the clots/bleeding, I personally would keep them clean and covered for now. I also want to suggest that you use a non-stick pad so nothing gets stuck if you do bleed. You can try to put it on lightly so it is not so tight and let some air get to it.

Did your doctor say why you had these clots?

Hope you don't have any more problems and get all healed up.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register