Hello! I am new here.... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hello! I am new here.... Hello! I am new here....

Unread 04-02-2003, 07:19 PM
Hello! I am new here....

Hello everyone!! I am new here, and just wanted to introduce myself. I am Crystal. I live in Kernersville, North Carolina. I am married and have 3 wonderful daughters. I also am scheduled to have a hysterectomy on April 15, 2003. I am 31 years old, and 2 months ago i was diagnosed with fibroids. These fibroids have been nothing but trouble for me. They cause very intense pain all month long, in lower abdomen and my lower back. They also have caused me to have my periods for 2 weeks, and to have such heavy bleeding that i am changing my pads and tampons every 30 minutes. I basically am just at my wits end with this and decided after careful research on what my options are to have a hysterectomy. Mainly I want the hysterectomy because I never want to have to deal with fibroids again, and the only way to be 100% sure that this wont happen is to have a hysterectomy. The doctor who is doing the hysterectomy is the doctor that i went to for my second opinion. The first doctor that i saw only gave me the option of birth control pills and research medication(asoprisnil).neither of which were options that I want to do. Well, i guess that is all for now, just wanted to say hello!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-02-2003, 07:31 PM
Hello! I am new here....

Hi Crystal,

Welcome to Hyster Sisters!!

While I'm very sorry that you have been in such pain and are facing surgery, I am glad that you found us and posted to introduce yourself.

If you haven't already, please be sure to read our

Pre-Op Hysterectomy Page

Post-Op Hysterectomy Page

You'll find lots of valuable information there to help you prepare for your surgery and recovery.

I hope you'll continue to read and post any questions that you might have. We'll do our best to help.

Oh - I just noticed that your surgery date isn't in your profile yet. Please be sure to go back (through the control panel) and enter it so that you'll be on our calendar for that day and will receive a special greeting from Hyster Sisters.

's

Karen
Unread 04-02-2003, 08:23 PM
Hello! I am new here....

Crystal
s Sorry to hear that you are in a lot of pain, the best thing is
you came to the right place. Being a is hard and so many questions race through the head- here you will find peace of mind.
Best of Luck and Welcome to the Land of Hysters.

Ding
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-02-2003, 08:32 PM
Hello! I am new here....

Just wanted to say hello Crystal. We have the same date!! YAY for 4/15
Unread 04-02-2003, 08:44 PM
Hi Crystal!!

Hi Crystal and welcome to probably the best website ever!! I had my hyst a year ago (4-18) due to terrible endometriosis for 2 1/2 yrs. I'm also 31, but not lucky enough to have any children, but we do have a wonderful dog named Logan, (he's spoiled rotten). I'm sorry to hear about your fibroids, the hyst will help like magic. Good luck to you! You'll definately be in my This is definately a great website to check into. There is a lot of great ladies with wonderful advice and even better support. Don't ever feel like you're alone, you are not! Not in here anyways, there is always someone here!! I found that out a long time ago!!
Take care and good luck!

Trollswoman
Unread 04-02-2003, 08:50 PM
Hello! I am new here....

Hi Crystal! Just wanted to say "hi" and hang in there. We share the same date as well! I've suffered a great deal for many years and am looking forward to the "new me". We'll be fine!!

Counting the days....

Brenda
Unread 04-02-2003, 09:09 PM
Hello! I am new here....

Hi Crsystal - my hysterctomy was the BEST thing I every did and I begged for it for many years. I am feeling so much better than I have in at least 10 years. I just wish I could have convinced my doctor to do it years ago. I was ready for it but he was not.

Based on what you wrote about the tampons and pads - forget them and go to Depends over night pants. I swear I could just kick myself for not using then before I did. I used tampons and pads and had to change them so much but one day, the light bulb finally turned on and I realized, if i was going to flood so much, I needed an alternative to tampons and pads. I finally got smart and went to the Depends over night pants and those allowed me to go many hours without a change.

I totally gave up tampons and pads and went to the Depends over night pants. They are very absorbant and hold it all. They allowed me to sleep through the night and not worry about having an accident. I just could not beleive it took me so many years to find them. But, once I did, they were the best thing I ever found.

Of course, now, they are part of my former life. It gives me a major warm fuzzy feeling to put on a pair of panties without a pad and take them off just as clean as I put them on. I bought and wore some white pants the other day ! I have not worn white pants in many years but I CAN wear them again and not worry about stains.

I feel so liberated after my hysterecomy ! So many bad things are now totally gone ! Some days, I just have to pinch myself as I can't beleive how good I am feeling these days.

I sincerely hope you have the same results as I have. Lots of love to you and my best wishes that you will feel as good as I do.... Janie
Unread 04-02-2003, 09:12 PM
Thanks for the Welcomes!!

Just wanted to say thanks. Its good to feel at home here in this new place!! Its also good to know that others are sharing the same date as me, and I hope that everyones surgeries go well!! I will definitely be posting questions as i think of them, and will be sure to put my surgery date on the calender!! Hugs!! Crystal

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register