4 weeks post op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 weeks post op 4 weeks post op

Unread 04-11-2005, 10:21 PM
4 weeks post op

Hi,
I am now 4 weeks post op AH... I feel quite fine except for stitches are still visible, back hurts if I am on my feet for too long and starting to get tingles all over my body that feel like a gentle rain shower ....:
Iwould love to hear a progress report from someone else at same milestone
thanks

canada:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-12-2005, 09:57 AM
4 weeks post op

I'm at 4 months, but I remember the back ache at 4 weeks. We walk and sleep differently because of the pain and that effects the back. And, we're trying not to use the stomach muscles so that adds to the back. Also, we aren't use to laying around and being so inactive. The back will let up and you'll feel so much better every week.

Not sure about your tingles. Sounds like the whole body is waking up...sounds kind of nice. Isn't it wonderful to have the surgery over with? !

Glad to hear your doing well other than that.
Maralyn
Unread 04-12-2005, 12:19 PM
almost 4 weeks

you sound like you are doing great. good to hear!!! i am almost there. thursday will be 4 weeks for me. i guess i am doing ok i just thought i would be better by now lol i am still having pain though. anything to do with going to the bathroom really hurts bad. and if i stand for more then 10 mins i feel horrible pressure and it hurts. i am going crazy i need to be up and around by now lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-12-2005, 01:06 PM
4 weeks post op

I will be four weeks post op on Friday. I too am having lots of pain still. I started having some bleeding on Friday and Saturday and some of the pain has seemed to subside. I still can't do too much and am going crazy. I hear and read about all these other women that are up and moving around just fine and they are 2-3 weeks post op. It's driving me crazy but is teaching me patience. My dr has given me 8 weeks recovery time so I guess I should just sit back and enjoy it.

I'd love to hear how other women are doing at 4-5 weeks post op.

Kim TAH - everything removed for endo, swollen uterus and cervix
Unread 04-12-2005, 01:12 PM
jass

me too almost 4 weeks and i want to feel better. i know i know. i will try to enjoy laying around lol my poor house is a mess lol
Unread 04-12-2005, 01:18 PM
4 weeks post op

I also will be 4 weeks post op on Thursday. I had LAVH and am fortunate enough to be feeling quite well. I started back to work yesterday as an administrative assistant and didn't seem to feel too tired at the end of the day.

I guess I was one of the lucky ones. I had a few tough days in the hospital (bad migraine from medications and anesthesia, and increased heart rate) but two days later I was home and feeling much better. I drove after 10 days and am trying to follow all of the rules so I can keep healing. This website helped me a lot with the no no's cuz I know I would have done some of the stuff you are not supposed to do. So thanks everyone for the advice and wisdom.

I too feel waiting was the worse part.
Unread 04-12-2005, 01:20 PM
4 weeks post op

ok ladies, at 4 weeks I was feeling just like you!
I am now 51/2 weeks post op TAH.
I still get tired alot faster than I use to, but life is actually getting back to normal.
It has seemed like day and night from the first 4 weeks to the 5th week.
I am doing most of my normal things, and getting around great.
Driving is still a little frustrating, just get sore sometimes.

I think the thing I am most mad at is the fact I feel so good but can't get wear my jeans. Everything is still too tender to do that.
So I am still wearing the sweats and lounge pants.

But, I wanted to let you know there is light at the end of all of this. And I was so doubtful in those first few weeks.
Unread 04-12-2005, 01:23 PM
4 weeks post op

Hi Gals -

I'll be 4 weeks on Friday. I feel really good today, 1st time since surgury. I finally had a normal bowel movement since then - think that was my problem)

My recovery has been rough - but it's definately getting better. I haven't really had any cramping in the past couple weeks due to surgury just due to my bowels. I was in the ER for what ended up being gas pain and the major constipation but other than that just twinges here and there in my stomach. Kinda like a bruised feeling.

I do have the back pain. ick!! I'd really like that to subside. If I do too much or just sit up for too long I get stabbing/burning in my back. Laying down helps and the heating pad. I've been taking IBuprofin for it but it's not helping with that particular pain for some reason.

I'm back at work. I worked a couple days last week 1/2 days. Trying for full days this week but not sure if I'm going to make it or not. If I didn't have the back pain I'd be in sooo much better shape. I have a desk job so it's not so bad, I'm trying to walk around a bit more to loosen my back up.

Has anyone else found something that curbs that pain?

Other than that I'm doing pretty good. As some others said I too thought I'd be feeling much better sooner. I'm hoping my constipation was my hinderance and am hoping for smooth sailing from here.
Unread 04-12-2005, 02:19 PM
4 weeks post op

Hi Ladies,
I am exactly 4weeks post today & i feel very energetic.

I do also experience backache when I sit for too long but I guess the body is till not ready for longtime sitting.

I hope you all feel weel.
Good luck princesses!
Lunar
Unread 04-12-2005, 02:45 PM
4 weeks post op

I must admit it is nice to read about others going through the same thing. I hit the 4 week mark yesterday and overall must admit that I am doing well considering what we go through!

The most annoying thing for me is the tender swelly belly and not being able to wear "normal" jeans either. I had a stomach to begin with and now it seems bigger than ever and I find because it is tender and heavy that I want to hold my abdomen and probably look pregnant to strangers .. not like I've had a hysterectomy.

I started to drive a little last week .. and tried a couple of short trips to stores but find I can only last about one hour total and return home tired. Swelly belly is also worse as the day goes on and sometimes intestinal pain can be a little gruesome.

This past weekend I decided to eat smaller portions and have found by drinking Slimfast for breakfast and lunch with a few healthy snacks (ex. fruit, carrots, peanuts, jello, popsicle) in between and then a "normal" dinner .. but again smaller portions than I had before the surgery .. that it has helped to cut down on uncomfortable cramping I was having the weeks previously. I can tell things are still tender inside and also figure being less active I should cut down on calories anyway as I need to lose some of the extra baggage I had before the surgery too and just never got around to it with "female problems".

Meanwhile I'm taking it easy and catching up with my soap and doing little household things in between so I'm not a total couch potato .. but I will be glad when I get the "green light" to do more knowing I won't be doing any damage to what is still inside healing.

Hoping we all feel more energy and less achey, swelly by the time the nicer weather arrives. I live near Buffalo New York so we don't really get our better weather until late May and I hope by then I can get into my jeans and feel more comfortable!

Taking it day to day and reminding myself as well as everyone else in the same situation ... that this will all be a distant memory someday !!

Write me anytime if you feel like chatting!!:email:

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register