Grrr. People are irritating me with hysterectomy/surgery comparisons - Page 10 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Grrr. People are irritating me with hysterectomy/surgery comparisons Grrr. People are irritating me with hysterectomy/surgery comparisons

Unread 05-16-2014, 02:46 AM
Re: Grrr. People are irritating me with hysterectomy/surgery comparisons

Love this thread, I laughed today when I went to the health centre to get routine bloods done. The nurse said well how you feeling after your hysterectomy? I explained I was ok but still sore and got the "you're still sore" could have hit her!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-16-2014, 05:25 AM

My hubby had a flu injection last week and complained about 3 times in half an hour about a sore arm. I said he had complained more about his flu injection then I had having an organ removed. His response was ' haha you didn't have an organ removed!' I said ok so what did I have? His reply 'a bit'... Me.. Maybe you should google what I had... Seriously!
Unread 05-16-2014, 06:55 AM

I can totally relate. I had a tubal 15 yrs. ago, not even close to the same.
My mom tried to compare my hysterectomy to hers. Mind you, I had a dual major surgery together. One dr. did the TVH, then my urologist then Removed the bad mesh from bladder suspension, then reconstructive surgery of my bladder with 4 inch bikini abdominal cut to use a piece of abdominal lining to hold my bladder up now. Also, my rectal wall collapsed and they fixed that too.. All in one surgery. Plus, I have a hematoma under my abdominal incision. Frustrating to say the least.
Her comment to me, she was back to work that same week. Like I was being lazy.

Keep your head up. We are all here for you.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-16-2014, 07:28 AM

My boss kept trying to compare it to her IN OFFICE d&c that she had a week before my surgery. Then she never sent flowers or a card or anything because she said we are so busy and she didn't know when I would be home. SERIOUSLY?!?!?! I am 9 days post op....my bed is my home. I was so hurt and disgusted.
Unread 05-16-2014, 05:22 PM

No one should compare any procedure to any one else's experience. MY previous surgery WAS so much more horrible than MY hysterectomy. But, that is MY experience and I would never compare what I have been through to what someone else is going through. I feel like my hysterectomy went so much easier than most of the posts here. But, I had no complications and no external stitches and I think that may have helped me greatly.

I think no one should compare themselves to any one else's experience even when the procedure is the same one. Every one has different levels of pain tolerance and every is different when it comes to how their body heals. I feel that I can sympathize with someone else's pain and struggles in healing because I have had two surgeries and one of them was a difficult recovery. But I can not compare my experiences since no two results will ever be exactly the same.

For pre-op people on this site, please know that while a hysterectomy is a major, major surgery, and it should not be compared to other surgeries, it does not mean that your results will be as hard as some of the examples here. My experience from my hysterectomy has been a positive one. Sure, I did have some pain and some issues, but over all, now that I am six weeks post op and I am feeling like myself again, I can feel all the changes that having this done has made and it was the best choice ever. The posts on this site that I read pre-op almost scared me into looking for other alternatives to surgery and had me second guessing my choice and fearing the procedure. (my doctor never offered alternatives and went straight to recommending the surgery for my issues) But I couldn't be happier with the results now. So glad I didn't change my mind.
Unread 05-18-2014, 01:18 AM

Haha hilarious...good on you. I might take up your lead and try this for myself...if for nothing else than to see the responses I get! Thanks for the laugh. On a more sensitive note I am sorry to hear about your circumstances. Take care
Unread 05-18-2014, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by halosshadow View Post
I am 9 months post op...holy moly the time has flown. Unfortunately I am one of the unfortunate few that is suffering from complications and I have more surgery coming up. Because of the complications I am in no way up to scratch. And I am truly sick to death with the people who say to me "oh gee you'd think you'd be better by now".

So these people upset me enough that when they start to comment I lift my t-shirt, drop the waistband of my leggings/sweats (because the band has to be above my incision.) and show them the scar that starts at my pubic bone ends just below my boobs and I say, if you reckon that you can recover faster from an incision this size, having several organs and body parts ripped out of you, then good for you. You are not me and thank gosh I am not as insensitive as you.

Many a jaw has dropped when I flash my scar but I am tired of having to explain myself...now I let my scar do the talking for me!!!

Haha hilarious...good on you. I might take up your lead and try this for myself...if for nothing else than to see the responses I get! Thanks for the laugh. On a more sensitive note I am sorry to hear about your circumstances. Take care

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register