7 weeks post and would like to resume my workouts | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

7 weeks post and would like to resume my workouts 7 weeks post and would like to resume my workouts

Unread 09-18-2013, 01:51 PM
7 weeks post and would like to resume my workouts

I have a question regarding excercice, i'm 7 weeks post and would like to resume my workouts, they involve planks, squats, back arches, etc.. do you think it is too early? or should i try slowly and see how it goes?
Eager to go back, but don't want any setbacks...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-29-2013, 02:29 PM

I am now 6weeks at the end of the 5th week did a 40km easy spin bike ride and have now been walking again to work about 1.5km one way. Had been used to riding about 80km with our club when of course the bleeding &cramps allowed it. Saw my dr at 3weeks post op and he told me everything is healing well and to continue what I was doing. Everyone is so different and I am glad I am a quick healer. Could be the fact that I have been taking iron and vitamin c for about 4 months as my levels were in the basement who can say why one person can do more and others suffer so long. Heal well my sisters.
Unread 09-29-2013, 02:43 PM

Quote:
I have a question regarding excercice, i'm 7 weeks post and would like to resume my workouts, they involve planks, squats, back arches, etc.. do you think it is too early? or should i try slowly and see how it goes?
Eager to go back, but don't want any setbacks...
As long as you have the ok from your doctor I would resume your workouts slowly. Be very aware of what your body is saying. Don't push it at all and use light weights. We will get back to our pre surgery fitness (maybe even better!) soon enough if we are careful. I'm slowly adding classes and how much I do at each class. I have to be able to perform before Thanksgiving but I don't want to push it and make it so I can't.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register