Back From Castle | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Back From Castle Back From Castle

Unread 06-27-2006, 08:04 PM
Back From Castle

Hi Sisters, Well its been 2 weeks tomorrow since my surgery. I am doing better now. Still sore, and my body lets me know when I do too much. Still taking naps, but not as much as when i first came home. I just wanted to thank all my sisters and this site for all the knowledge and support you have given me, and still give me on the post-op board. I would have felt so alone without you all, and this site. You have been wonderful. and its true waiting is the hardest part of the whole thing. Since this is over its like a ton of bricks have been lifted off my shoulders. If I can be of help to any of you, please let me know. Lots of hugs to everyone. For all the sisters in waiting and those recovering, you are all in my thoughts and prayers. Take Care. Cathy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-27-2006, 09:20 PM
Back From Castle

Thank you Cathy and it's good to be home again right!
I'm getting closer to the castle 7/3 and just as you said I would be no where near as sane as I am right now without these boards and these wonderful women.

Did you get any menopause symptoms? Did they take the ovaries too? How are you feeling as far as moods and your daily stamina? Are you able to do much? Do you really feel tired a lot. I'm looking towards recovery now. God knows the boards got me over my terror of doing this TAH-BSO. I am ready. (for today anyway).
Thanks for coming back to the Pre Op boards. I plan to do that too. I keep looking at the New Posts Section and sometimes I see posts i'd like to share in and I get that message... you can't post here yet..back to pre -op.

I hope you continue to get stronger and feel better and better.
Mucho Thank o's
Liz
Unread 06-28-2006, 05:29 AM
Back From Castle

Welcome home, !!

Remember your rigorous training -- lots of , drink your water, you know the drill.

Take care of yourself. We're here whenever you need us.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-28-2006, 07:19 AM
To Liz 1992

Hi Liz, Yes Its wonderful to be home. Especially since after my 1st come home I went back in the castle for 2 more days because I was running a fever Of 101.9. Don't get scared though. This happens on ocaassion. Dr. said it probaly was the vaginal cuff. Was on 2 days of IV antibiodics, then 6 days of antibiodics at home. Sunday was the last day I took my antibiotic. So far so good. I had a TAH/BSO, everything removed. My uterus wes the size of a 5 month pregnancy, and I had 2 big fibroids, 8.7cm, and 6.7cm along with many small ones. I started bleeding back in March, long periods, wouldn't stop so I deceided after 7 years of watching my fibroids, and since they had grown and started long periods it was time. I am doing pretty good. Doing stuff around the house I am allowed, no bending, no lifting, etc. I am trying to be a good patient. When my body talks to me And I get sore I rest, and take a nap. Went to see a movie last night with my DH and soon. I will say it again waiting was the worst. It was like a ton of bricks was lifted off my shoulders after I finally left the castle. MY doctor put me on climara, (estrariol) 0.06, which is the middle portion of estrogen. Did get a few hot flashes and night sweats. No big deal considering what I"ve gotten through. I am in good spirits, happy its over and looking forward to enjoying my life even more than before without Auntie Flo, for weeks a month, etc.Today makes 2 weeks post op. I hope this helps you. You will be fine. Everyone took real good care of me. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. If you need to talk email through hystersisters private message. Soon this will be all over for you and you will also feel like a weight has been lifted off your shoulders. Take Care. Lots of Hugs being sent your way. And remember we are all here for you when you need us. Cathy
Unread 06-28-2006, 07:55 AM
Back From Castle

hi Cathy I am glad you are doing so well. That's a relief to me since I am going one week from today. As a matter of fact as I look at the clock I should be in surgery at this moment. I also appreciate your checking in with us here. The more stories I read from ladies who have been through it and come out the other side the better I feel about the whole thing. And I completely agree that this site keeps me as sane as I could be under these circumstances.

Please update us...how nice that you felt strong enough to go to a movie!! That's great!! Continue to take care of yourself!!

love, Ruthie
Unread 06-28-2006, 08:32 AM
Back From Castle

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmb1124jer
I am in good spirits, happy its over and looking forward to enjoying my life even more than before without Auntie Flo, for weeks a month, etc. Soon this will be all over for you and you will also feel like a weight has been lifted off your shoulders. Take Care. Lots of Hugs being sent your way. And remember we are all here for you when you need us. Cathy
Thanks Cathy,
I love you Auntie Flo stories, she wasn't so nice was she! Bid her adeu! bye, bye!!
I asked th epre op nurse yesterday about this vaginal cuff thing. She looked at me like I was nuts. It was a huh look. Says she never heard that term. So i said isn't it where they cut the cervix from the vagina and make the new back wall? She said they just make stitches there but was un familiar with the cuff term.
I told her my Dh asked to have a few extra sticthes put in, she was laughing. Doesn't need to be smaller or tighter cause of me, it DH who can't rise to the occasion like he used to! He won't acknowledge that though!
I hope you have a good day Cathy, thanks again!
Liz
Unread 06-28-2006, 09:40 PM
Back From Castle

Liz......LOL That is funny! Cathy, Happy you are doing well!!!!
Unread 06-29-2006, 10:51 AM
Back From Castle

Hey, glad to hear that your doing better, I finally got my date set and I can't wait! I am so ready to have this done and over with! I wonder if they can "tighten" it down there?? Interesting.. Take care and I can't wait to get to the other side!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register