3 days post-op and I think my ovaries are still asleep | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 days post-op and I think my ovaries are still asleep 3 days post-op and I think my ovaries are still asleep

Unread 05-09-2008, 07:55 AM
3 days post-op and I think my ovaries are still asleep

I have been sweating a lot here lately.....especially when I'm asleep. How do I know if my ovaries are still working or maybe they are still 'asleep' from the surgery? I have never sweated this often or this much while I sleep! I know yesterday evening I had a fever (100.5) but it broke last night which I know is why I sweated some but even after it broke I still sweated! I'm assuming this is all normal????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-09-2008, 08:23 AM

you are very early in your recovery. it can take take days, weeks or even months for your ovaries to start working properly again. i had hot flashes and night sweats for about 2 weeks. good luck!
Unread 05-09-2008, 10:21 AM

I am almost 4 1/2 weeks post op and my ovaries are STILL not functioning properly..

Like dressedupinblue said.. it can take weeks.. or months (I was hoping for days..lol)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-09-2008, 10:29 AM

I remember the first few weeks after surgery, I wondered if I was in menopause to stay. I think it took a few months to even out - but now I only occasionally have a hot flash and I do have night sweats but they are pretty mild. Am also generally just "warmer" than everyone else all the time. But, the good part is that I haven't had any hormonal swings. For a while there, when I use to get upset at things (usually something the boyfriend did or said), I would have to ask myself if it were the hormones or me getting upset. That hasn't happened in a couple months!
Unread 05-09-2008, 02:27 PM

I'm 4 & 1/2 wks post op TAH still have left ovary and it's not working yet! I go from hot to cold from crying to being upset, from sleeping to just being depressed, and then there are some good days in between so all is not lost. Just rest honey, you are really early in recovery, I was laying in bed or couch watching movies and napping at your stage. Give yourself time to heal, your body has been through a big traumatic surgery. I'm seeing my family dr. on wed. to see if he'll check my hormone levels if they're normal maybe I need to change my antidepressant medication. Just rest, rest, rest and drink alot of water. It does get better, it just take time.
Unread 05-09-2008, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Venus
Just rest honey, you are really early in recovery, I was laying in bed or couch watching movies and napping at your stage. Give yourself time to heal, your body has been through a big traumatic surgery......Just rest, rest, rest and drink alot of water. It does get better, it just take time.
LOL....that's exactly what I've been doing! At night I get in the bed and the rest of the time I'm on the couch. I feel so helpless but I don't want to push myself either. The most I have done today was sit on my front porch for about 10 minutes just to get some fresh air and 'be out of the house'. I will definitely be glad when I can have a BM.....still waiting on it. Maybe I will feel a little more normal then.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register