Scheduled TLH Surgery moved up | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery moved up Surgery moved up

Unread 02-27-2010, 05:29 AM
Surgery moved up

Hi there everyone. Just came here to vent out some pretty scared feelings. I am 38 and just got the news a week ago I needed a hysterectomy. It was scheduled for Apr. 1. I got a phone call late yesterday saying they wanted to move it up to Mar. 4 which is this Thursday. I have to go in Monday for all the pre surgery stuff. I thought I had weeks to get everything ready but now it seems that I don't. Is there any last minute advice, as in things I might forget to do before surgery and things, or after? I am going shopping to get the house stocked up.......need to go get a few personal items for me etc.....As I said I thought I had lots of time for this. I just know I'll forget alot of things I wanted to get done before the surgery because ever since the call yesterday my mind has been running a million miles an hour. Thanks for listening and any advice out there would be well appreciated.
Karen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-27-2010, 05:50 AM
Re: Surgery moved up

Hi Karen!!! Thanks for posting. I'm very excited that I will be in great company on Mar 4th!!!!! Another Sister on the same day. I feel comfort in that and I hope that you can as well

I'm 42 and going in for a TAH...and you???

Just think...with everything that you have to do to prepare, you'll be too busy to think about the castle.

I stocked up on all my favorite liquids, snacks and foods. I had time to make and freeze dinners--to make it easier on the BF. Remember that your loved ones are there for you and if you need ANYTHING--ASK!!!!! That means dinners, fast-food pick ups etc......you'll be fine.

Don't forget to stock up on books and mags--I got a bunch from the girls at work. If you knit/crochet get projects ready!!!! Keep the remote close by.

I cleaned the house---as much as possible. And have kept up on the laundry. If friends come over to visit--put them to work. A load of laundry won't kill them--and it will give them a satisfaction that they are needed. It won't be a bother at all.

I hope that this has helped a bit. If you need to talk--we are in this together!!!!!!!

Kim
Unread 02-27-2010, 06:14 AM

Hi there, thanks for all the advice. As of now I am having a TLH but the dr. said while I am on the table they want to send off my cells to see if they are cancerous and if so, they will do the 7 in. cut and take everything. Have you ever heard of that> I havent. It's nice knowing someone will be going in at the same time. My nerves are starting to click in. The nurse told me yesterday I would be on a liquid diet Wed. What does that include?
Thanks so much
Karen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-27-2010, 06:58 AM

Karen,

You're not alone...I'm on the same diet---ugh!!

Clear liquids only!!!! Water, Gaterade, black coffee--you can use sugar--no dairy!!!! Iced tea, lemonade, apple juice, oj--but with NO pulp!!! You can have Jell-O. That's what I'm planning on living on!!!!!!

I wanted to ask the dr. if vodka would be concidered a clear liquid LOL

Kim
Unread 02-27-2010, 09:49 AM

Hello to you. I am going in for surgery on March 4th also. Getting the "recovery room" at home ready. Clear liquids all day Wednesday for me too... nothing you can't see through and bullion instead of broth. While I am on the table they are also going to send the ovary to pathology and go from there. Just thought today of putting things that I need from lower dresser drawers on top of the dresser for easy access. Going to be interesting putting on socks, so will be wearing slippers for a couple days, for sure. We're all in this together, take care and good luck!
Unread 02-27-2010, 09:57 PM

Wow I never thought about some of these things. Good plans! Good luck to all of you. I started packing a few things today just so I don't forget. I am so worried I will forget something, whether it's something to bring to the hospital or to get done at home before I go to the hospital.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register