anyone in their 20s or early 30s | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

anyone in their 20s or early 30s anyone in their 20s or early 30s

Unread 01-02-2012, 03:06 PM
anyone in their 20s or early 30s

I'm 27 and extremely worried what this surgery might do to my health being so young. That's always been my main concern.
I was diagnosed with endo about 5 years ago but the pain started years before. After every hormone treatment and 2 surgerys I would have given anything to take away my pain. I'm still recovering so I'm not sure if ill be all better after or not. But I'm staying positive and hopefully this is the answer to my prayers.
I am looking for others who have had this done so young and what your experiences have been with it. Thanks and hugs to all you ladies out there
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-02-2012, 03:14 PM
Re: anyone in their 20s or early 30s

I am 34 and am a month post op tomorrow. As sad as it is to be young and have this surgery our age is a huge plus with regards to recovery, age such a big part of recovering from any surgery. I never wanted kids so when they told me about the fibroids and my options it wasn't much of a decision although I have kept my ovaries for hormone reasons.
I was very worried about being down and unable to go much and was so sick of hearing "you are young it will be easier" but I do think it's a big reason that recovery has been relatively easy. I think had I wanted children maybe decision and recovery would have been harder to handle. I do hope you have a hood support group around, it made all the difference going in to see the doctors.
Unread 01-02-2012, 03:29 PM
anyone in their 20s or early 30s

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowBunny77 View Post
I am 34 and am a month post op tomorrow. As sad as it is to be young and have this surgery our age is a huge plus with regards to recovery, age such a big part of recovering from any surgery. I never wanted kids so when they told me about the fibroids and my options it wasn't much of a decision although I have kept my ovaries for hormone reasons.
I was very worried about being down and unable to go much and was so sick of hearing "you are young it will be easier" but I do think it's a big reason that recovery has been relatively easy. I think had I wanted children maybe decision and recovery would have been harder to handle. I do hope you have a hood support group around, it made all the difference going in to see the doctors.
I also never wanted children. So that was never a issue for me. Yet since I've had the surgery I have feelings of being less of a woman. I know realistically this isn't so but its something my brain keeps telling me. But I figure its just the shock of it all. I had everything removed uterus, ovaries, cervix, tubes. I'm worried about bad side effects further in the future. I'm trying to take it day by day but I'm the plan it out type lol.
My support system sucks actually. I have friends and family that say they understand and are here if need anything yet here I lay alone as I have been since the day of surgery. No vistors, no help with anything. So if I need it I have to get it. That's prolly the hardest part of dealing. I know everyone has their own lives and what not but I thought a visit wasn't to much to ask for.
I keep readin not to vacuum or do wash or clean the litter box and so on. Well these are all things I have to do otherwise it won't get done. Idk ill be happy when I'm up and getting around better. I mean I get around but its hard and wears me out quick.
I'm so glad to have found this site. I finally feel someone understands and can relate. And reading others stories I know I'm not alone in this. =)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-02-2012, 03:35 PM

So hard when house work isn't don't, I am also not the type who can leave it, I am actually more stressed looking at pile of laundry or dust, I need "perfection" neatness to feel calm to then relax Been main fighting point in the house, stuff is getting done just not as I would like it done Just remember you see many women everyday but you can never see inside them so it's not any of our hidden parts and now removed parts that made us appear like women to others. this site definitely helps with any of those feelings ( I am sure much harder when ovaries gone ) but next time yiu out and feeling less female look at another lady and realise for once it's the outside that counts (never thought we would have to say that .
27 is such a great age, young enough and body fit to still get so much done but old enough to have wisdom to know what not to do ...
Unread 01-02-2012, 03:56 PM

I'm 32. I have a 1 year old at home so it breaks my heart I can't pick her up. I know it's temporary. My DR is conserned that I will need multiple surgeries do to my age and my bladder lift not lasting.
Unread 01-02-2012, 05:02 PM

I am 25 and 10 weeks out. I feel better than I have in a long time. My recovery was a cinch and it is the best feeling to meet have to worry about painful periods any longer. I don't feel any less of a woman. I was able to keep my tubes and overies so maybe that has a huge part in making me feel like myself.
I think being young has advantages. You heal faster and easier and have less complications. I will just be glad when this swelly belly is gone.
Unread 01-02-2012, 05:05 PM

I am 29 and had everything out. Taking low dose of hormones and doing ok. Still really sore because I have had 3 surgeries in three months. My hormones haven't depleted out of my body yet so haven't had any menopause symptoms except for insomnia. Which don't really know if it's from the surgery or hormones. I have a 6 year old and I think he is more help than my husband. Lol. I am really tired and having to work and do all the other stuff around the house. It's been a hard recovery. This last time. I still hurt and I'm just praying they got all the infection out this time. My doctor kinda left me clueless with all this hormone stuff so will see what happens. He told me I could have sex after a week post op. I looked at him like he was crazy. But my experience with all this has really sucked. I am young and healthy and worked out doing p90x 6 days a week before this and now I feel like it will be a long time for that to happen. But anyways thanks for listening
Unread 01-02-2012, 05:32 PM

I am 33 and 12 days post-op. ovaries were left but around day 7 an emotional roller coaster started. My family didn't understand why I got upset or angry. Doctor gave some meds to calm my nerves. It's helped a little.
I have a son who turned 7 the day before my surgery. He's been a huge help yet a part of me feels like I'm not a full woman and my spouse will leave.
If anyone feels down or depressed please talk to your doctor.
Unread 01-02-2012, 06:02 PM

I am 31 and also 12 days out from a TAH...I was able to keep both ovaries. I haven't had any feeling like being less of a woman....honestly am weirded out by the fact that besides the pain and obvious incision, I wouldn't know something was missing.

Today I realized that if I hadn't had the surgery I would be dealing with debilitating pain and getting my period....what a relief to just be achy and exhausted.
Unread 01-02-2012, 06:08 PM

Thanks for all the responces ladies. Its great to read your story and just know I'm not by myself anymore. Due to the endo my doc says I can't start hormones till everything has "died off". But he says after that I will start a low doses. I can't take many because the endo could continue and that is by far my biggest fear.
I try to be positive and look forward to the new year and healing. If I do become pain free it'll be the most amazing thing that's ever happened. I try not to think about the what ifs. Even though sometimes I can't help it.
Again thank you everyone for your replys. Hugs and prayers to all!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register