motivation | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 11-16-2010, 09:46 AM
motivation

I am enrolled in an online program through DeVry. I am in week 4 of an 8 week course. I am 3 weeks post op and am having problems getting motivated to do my classwork. I just don't seem to have the energy. Is this normal? I have cabin fever very bad, I had a TAH Oct 27th. I went on an outing to the grocery store with my husband Friday evening and I was not only drained but felt pressure around my pubic area. Not sure what is normal. I go to the doctor for my post op visit this afternoon and have lots of questions.
Thanks,
Cheri
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-16-2010, 10:42 AM
Re: motivation

I had a TAh and this is week 4 1/2. I am so tired and unmotivated to do anything.
Unread 11-16-2010, 10:42 AM

Cheri -- I can totally relate... I felt that way very strongly during my 3rd - 5th weeks post op... cuase you're starting to feel better and want to do more so that people don't think you are lazy, but you just don't have the energy quite yet. and then when you push yourself to do things, you are sore, tired and then demotivated again.....

I think we have all gone through this at some point in our recovery. I'm not a very patient person with this whole healing thing, so I'm not one to give you advice, but try to be patient with yourself.... my motivation is just now starting to come back (5 1/2 weeks post op)... it does get better!!!

Take it easy and allow yourself time to heal physically and mentally!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-16-2010, 11:15 AM

Cheri, I can only tell you that some days you will have a lot of energy and some days you will fill drained, but it does go away. Just remember, we all heal differently, but if you are tired, take advantage of it and get some rest. I understand the demands of DeVry's online program, having graduated from there in 2000, but I am also sure that if you communicate with your professor they will assist you.
Unread 11-16-2010, 12:36 PM

I too lack motivation and I am in week 4. I am quite content to just rest.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register