date change | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 09-22-2003, 06:26 PM
date change

I had my appointment the with urologist today, he wants to do all the pre op testing to verify that I really need a bladder sling. Since I have had 2 different operations, both resulting in retention, one for 9 days , the other for 23 hours, he really wants to know what is going on. This means my surgery has been changed from 09-30-03 to 10-09-03, this also means my regular gyn cannot do the surgery, previous commitments out of town. Any way I get to visit another of her partners, I really wanted her to do the surgery and I have no choice if i want this done and over with this year. I have to be back to work by 11-17-03 and her next open date is 10-20-03...and she refuses to let me go back to work in 3 weeks so its off to meet the new guy, everyone tells me it doesn't matter who does the surgery, as long as i get my post castle care from my regular gyn.
I am disappointed, I was all geared up for next week, and now i not only have to waits 2 weeks, but I have to have a different doc.
sorry to be so rambling and whiney...but I really am disappointed with this development.

I am
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-22-2003, 06:37 PM
date change

Oh I am sorry....this would throw anyone for a loop. While your doctors partners are probably as good as she you have rapport
with your doctor. I would go in to the appointment with my written questions really assessing if I feel confident with the substitute.

Its ok to whine- we all do sometimes- but it is always nicer when the whiner recognizes what she is doing.

It would be difficult to be all ready and then be put off for a week or two....what are you going to do to help yourself through the wait? Get your Christmas shopping done?

Hang in there- you will still get to be a princess and you will feel so much better after.

Dilu
Unread 09-22-2003, 06:55 PM
date change

Oh no! So sorry you have to wait another 2 weeks! I know how it is to count down the days, but it sounds like your DR's are trying to make sure you get the best care this time so you don't have any problems later on. That's a good thing, but the waiting is the hardest part. It's okay to whine and be disappointed! I would be too! 's to you and come visit here to pass the time! I've lost hours and hours, and days upon days on these message boards!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-23-2003, 08:31 PM
date change

great idea...Christmas shopping, it may really help pass the time.
as if yesterday wasn't bad enough, i think i had my first hyster twister at work today. My boss was blabbing something about needing this and that by the time she was back from her meeting, then i started to cry, all of sudden she wanted to know if i was sick, or what she had said to start my crying...i told her i just needed to cry and scurried to the restroom for a little privacy...but if you work in an office, you know by the time i came out, everyone knew i was upset...talk about embarassing, i did apoligize to her later. But she walked on egg shells around me for the rest of the day...i just remembered I never did do what she asked me to do. I really hope this doesn't happen often.

this site has been a God send for me, I have learned so much and it really is a good place to learn.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register