anyone cleared for sex before 6 wks? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

anyone cleared for sex before 6 wks? anyone cleared for sex before 6 wks?

Unread 02-22-2008, 08:23 AM
anyone cleared for sex before 6 wks?

Just wondering. I have felt GREAT since i left the hospital and and doing all my normal activites so i was just wondering if theres any chance i will get cleared for sex at my 3 week post op?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-22-2008, 08:50 AM

I had an LSH and was supposedly cleared for sex at the 3 week check-up. My body was not ready for it and since I hit the ceiling when the doctor did the pelvic I have no idea why he cleared me.

I waited but it sounds like you are doing much better than I was so it is possible you could get cleared depending on the surgery type.

I'm sure some of the other ladies will have good information on this and know where there are some articles about this on the site.
Good luck.
Unread 02-22-2008, 08:54 AM

Hello New here,

I doubt your doctor will clear you for sex any earlier than 4-6 weeks. I only had one f/u at two weeks and he cleared me for everything at four weeks (without seeing me again). I waited until week eight for sexual activity and it was worth the wait. I would follow your doctor's advice or, like me, wait longer.

Good luck,

bitterpill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-22-2008, 10:43 AM

(((New here))) I doubt very much that your DR will clear you for sex at three weeks post op - and hope he/she will not.

It takes much longer than that for the vaginal cuff to really heal, despite the fact that those of us who've had vaginal surgeries tend to feel great fairly soon. My DR told me before I had my hyst that she really prefers to do TAHs (I had a TVH) because the TAH ladies have a big incision to remind them that they just had major surgery, so they tend to behave... while the TVH and LAVH ladies feel so good they tend to overdo it much too soon and end up with problems.

You only get one chance to have an uncomplicated recovery. If you do a search, you can find posts from women who tried having intercourse at 2-4 weeks post op and wound up with torn vaginal cuffs. The very thought was enough to keep me "celibate" until after I was cleared at my six week checkup - actually, a couple of weeks after that.

There's no rush ... even if you are cleared, you don't have to do anything about it right away. You have the rest of your life to enjoy your new body.

s,
-Linda

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register