8 days to go!!! starting to freak out! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

8 days to go!!! starting to freak out! 8 days to go!!! starting to freak out!

Unread 09-15-2013, 03:11 AM
8 days to go!!! starting to freak out!

8 days left to surgery, really starting to panic about everything, the surgery, the kids, the other half, the house. Im the cog that keeps everything smooth. how is it all gonna go if im outta the loop for a while?

I have faith that my partner is able to do it, but i also know he will get stressed. Oh i wish it was over!!!!

On the plus, I have taken a period from hell, just to remind me how worth while it all will be!

Sorry for the rant, I just needed to get it off my chest!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-15-2013, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailie1 View Post
8 days left to surgery, really starting to panic about everything, the surgery, the kids, the other half, the house. Im the cog that keeps everything smooth. how is it all

gonna go if im outta the loop for a while?

I have faith that my partner is able to do it, but i also know he will get stressed. Oh i wish it was over!!!!

On the plus, I have taken a period from hell, just to remind me how worth while it all will be!

Sorry for the rant, I just needed to get it off my chest!!!!!
I have has anxiety about my LAVH for weeks! It is this wed. The 18th. But sitting here this morning, I wish it was today. My evil parts started yesterday to give me one last go and the pain is ridiculous. Of coarse with surgery this week I am not supposed to take anything for pain. They said Tylenol was the only thing but Tylenol does not even touch it! So anxious and in pain now! I'm not really scared of the surgery. I really want it but all the what ifs and etc have me nervous. Worried about work. Luckily my son is grown so no small children but ......... I just want it done so I can quit stressing and start recovering.
Unread 09-15-2013, 05:30 AM
Re: 8 days to go!!! starting to freak out!

I can totally relate! I have a warped mindset that the household can not function without me. I have been in overdivee trying to get things done that are above and beyond what really needs to be done. I am hoping the recovery will be quick and easy so I can do most things, but I also fear hurting myself and hindering healing. I am not one to take down time so I am afraid I will push myself too much. I don't like to ask for help so I am not telling a lot of family and friends because as much as they would want to help it will make me feel useless. Thats another feeling I don't want to have to deal with. I am sure I can maintain as long as I take time and do things slower. I feel as I am setting myself up for a couple of stressful weeks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-15-2013, 06:11 AM

Yep! Mines more about work. I have a very fast paced stressful job and the company is going thru a lot of changes right now. I know that no matter whether I'm gone for 2 days or 2 weeks, I am going to have a mess to go back to. I have told them I am planning to be back in hopefully 2 to 3 weeks. I haven't talked to my doc about her suggestion cause I figure I am going to just go according to how I feel. I know I need to recover or I will be useless but the pressure I feel to get backk is driving me insane. No pressure from work boss but its my pressure. I guess that's what is making me nervous. If I can't go I won't but....... Luckily my other half will be great at home. It's just the 2 of us here so I'm ok with that. I just feel like I have been useless at home for a long time and he deserves better! I am also afraid tht I am now putting too much into this surgery. I feel like it is supposed to make me a brand new woman! Lol! If I'm not, I'll be dissapointed!
Unread 09-15-2013, 07:03 AM

Im not alone then!!! lol!

Im sure it will all fall into place, its just the crazy senarios that I have invented in my head.

Just 8 days to go, my house has been cleaned 100 times already so a few more wont hurt lol! Its a good distraction!

If we stopped adding extra pressure on ourselves then im sure it would be easier. So how about a pact ladies, lets just chill and take it as it comes!!!!!
Unread 09-15-2013, 07:14 AM

Quote:

Im sure it will all fall into place, its just the crazy senarios that I have invented in my head.

Just 8 days to go, my house has been cleaned 100 times already so a few more wont hurt lol! Its a good distraction!

If we stopped adding extra pressure on ourselves then im sure it would be easier. So how about a pact ladies, lets just chill and take it as it comes!!!!!
Yes! We just need to relax. What will be, will be. The stress is just making it worse. We really need to just sit back and enjoy the ride. I guess think of it as a new adventure! I am going to try to think of all the positive things!!!! No more pain will be a great life!
Unread 09-15-2013, 07:18 AM

I would love to make a pact, but I know I'd fail....I'm already charting out what I'm going to do this week. Its amazing how much I have done thru the daily pain and fatigue. I wish you all the best and stress relief.
Unread 09-15-2013, 07:30 AM

Oh i now if we can do it with the pain and fatigue then we will be un stoppable after this. We will get the house sorted then time to relax.

The same wish back at u. xx

We can do it!
Unread 09-15-2013, 07:59 AM

Quote:

wow, am so glad to have this web site. I have a month to go, my hyster is not until Oct. And am driving myself and all those around me crazy already. like the pact, I will try, I too know I will fail...... funny thing is, when my cycle comes, which it just did and it was a bad one, am usually sick for about 5 days but really down for a good two days, ... my house, work, pets all are a bit neglected. Am not really there for my kids, other, friends, I miss events sometimes, --- so really I said to myself, whats a month of down time? compared to days every single month, month after month. Am trying to focus on week 5 after recovery, according to a friend who just had hers, that's when you really start to feel, well TERRIFIC!! so I may have a month down time, but after that ---- watch out world I wish you a wonderful speedy recovery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register