I'm So Brave | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-28-2002, 01:45 PM
I'm So Brave

My tummy hurts. I've been trying to keep cool...but I think I'm getting very scared.

I have just 4 more days till surgery and it isn't looking any better...even with all my medidtation and positive attitude mantras...I think that attitude is sliding into the muck of mild hysteria. Last night my poor husband could do no right

Ah well venting helps. Thanks for listeneing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-28-2002, 02:05 PM
I'm So Brave

Hi Ginny,

I'm right behind you. My surgery is 4/3. I'm also doing meditation and visualization, and it is very calming! I have also been doing some shopping....hubby and I just picked out a recliner for the livingroom, so I won't get bored lying on my bed!!

I keep telling myself, I do not have a choice about this surgery, Anesthesia will give me Versed and I won't remember anything, and when I wake up, I'll be on the road to recovery.

Think positive. Keep as calm as you can. It will all work in your favor!
Unread 03-28-2002, 02:47 PM
I'm So Brave

Ginny,

You will be fine, I think we all go a little (well ok a lot) crazy before surgery. You are so right though venting sure does help. Please stop by our chat room, we would love to see you there. Best wishes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-28-2002, 03:52 PM
I'm So Brave

Hi, Ginny & Gail -

Just sending a hug!

Hang in there - you both know that the fear is normal, and you're on the right track in doing things to help keep you positive between the panic :-)

Soon, you WILL be on the road to recovery, telling everyone that the waiting and worrying was the worst part.

(and I don't remember anything after they told me they were gonna do the spinal..)
Unread 03-28-2002, 04:48 PM
I'm So Brave

Alisa,

Thanks for the support!! Isn't that amnesia that Anesthesia gives just wonderful!! LOL
Unread 03-28-2002, 05:48 PM
Hi Ginny & Gail

Good luck to you both. I know the count down can be hard.
Hang in there, soon you will be on the other side.
Ginny if you are still really having a hard time maybe you could call the doctor and ask for something to help you stay calm. There is no need to be so stressed these next few days.
Please take good care of yourselves. Walking, shopping (I like that) movies. Just treat yourself. I had a massage and pedicure two days before I went in.
It's going to be okay.
Unread 03-28-2002, 05:53 PM
I'm So Brave

Thanks Shelly,

I really think it IS going to be OK!! I've also done Easter shopping for the kids and Fleet enema and Gas-X for my post-op rolling cart!! LOL

I'm busy right up to my surgery date...it will go by quickly! Can't wait until I'm on "the other side"!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register