Upcoming hysterectomy 1/8: Is two weeks too early to get out and about after LAVH? | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Upcoming hysterectomy 1/8: Is two weeks too early to get out and about after LAVH? Upcoming hysterectomy 1/8: Is two weeks too early to get out and about after LAVH?

Unread 01-07-2015, 12:27 AM
Upcoming hysterectomy 1/8: Is two weeks too early to get out and about after LAVH?

Hi sisters,

I'm returning to college now that my children are older and am having this surgery only five days before school starts. I've scheduled to miss my first week and start exactly two weeks after surgery. Although I'll have a full load I will only need to be on campus two days for about five hours. Has anyone else gone out this soon after Laprascopic assisted vaginal hysterectomy?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-07-2015, 05:52 AM
Re: Upcoming hysterectomy 1/8: Is two weeks too early to get out and about after LAVH?

I was out sooner than that after my TAH. I felt great and was able to do most things, but it would be best to talk to your dr about what he/she will want you doing and when. Good luck!
Unread 01-07-2015, 06:16 AM
Re: Upcoming hysterectomy 1/8: Is two weeks too early to get out and about after LAVH?

Out and about? Shouldn't be a problem. However, you're not just going out for fun, you're attending classes. Sitting for an hour or two in hard classroom or lecture room seats without a break? That *might* be a problem. Being able to concentrate on what the prof is saying without being distracted by discomfort/pain? That *might* also be a problem.

You should talk to your doctor and also you'll need to listen to your own body. And be prepared for last-minute changes in plans.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-07-2015, 10:17 AM

I agree with Surprised.....it is doable, but the brain fog and hard chairs might do you in. You could end up being more focused on staying comfortable and less focused on the lectures. I know even at 4 wks today I am still having occasional brain fog....even last night my hubby asked me why I said what I said to him and I had no idea lol. It is very dependant on the person, but you must do what is best for your body to heal correctly. As the saying goes...we only have one chance to heal properly good luck to you!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register