Wine for post op? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Wine for post op? Wine for post op?

Unread 02-27-2004, 07:51 AM
Wine for post op?

Went to my pre-op appt. yesterday. The post op "food order" that was written up said I get 4 oz of wine every 2 hours once out of anesthesia. I started laughing because I thought it was a typo! And i'm going to a catholic hospital! LOL! Anyone else have this as orders? I just think this is sooooo funny! I hope it's a good chardonnay! LOL!!! Hmm...maybe some prime rib to go with it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-27-2004, 07:58 AM
Wine for post op?

Hi , no that's a new one for for me.

I hope that it's a wine that you like - nothing dry for me please

And, I really will be surprised if you're ready for prime rib then

Best wishes.

P.S - please don't ever take alcohol without your dr's permission, esp when you'll still on other meds.

s
Unread 02-27-2004, 07:59 AM
Wine for post op?

Hi sister,
Never heard of such a thing, but now I am really curious--I wonder if they think it helps with disolving gas or facilitates bowel activity? Let us know if you find out more!

Mafalee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-27-2004, 08:00 AM
Wine for post op?

Gosh, did I pick the wrong hospital for my LAVH. No one gave me wine!!! Maybe it is because it is a Catholic hospital. 8 years ago I delivered my DD in a Catholic hospital and they brought my DH and I a whole bottle of wine the next day (Sunday) with our lunch. We were both in shock, but thrilled.

Enjoy the wine and I will be praying for your speedy recovery.

Connie
Unread 02-27-2004, 08:05 AM
Wine for post op?

I just had my TAH in a Catholic hospital and no one offered me wine. I will say that right after I was taken out of the recovery room and put in my regular room a priest stopped by to offer Communion to both myself and my husband! Can you believe. I had just tried to eat an ice chip and almost gagged, I can't imagine taking Communion. Truthfully, I had to ask my husband the next day if it really happened.

Maybe when they say wine......
Unread 02-27-2004, 10:13 AM
Wine for post op?

I read in the newspaper that a couple of hospitals in the South of England were serving red wine with meals. I was obviously in the wrong one. Apparently it is very beneficial.
Unread 02-27-2004, 11:19 AM
Wine for post op?

That is way too funny... I go to my doctor a week from today, I am going to print your post and show her. I LOVE WINE, but would never dare to drink it, afraid I would get feeling too good and fall down and hurt myself.... I am also going to a catholic ospital. Good luck to you, and may you have a speedy recovery. Brenda
Unread 02-27-2004, 12:26 PM
Wine for post op?

You lucky devil! The only "whine" I received was straight from the frazzled nurse about her schedule! What I wouldn't have done for a nice glass of real wine....

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register