What kind of pain with fibroids? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What kind of pain with fibroids? What kind of pain with fibroids?

Unread 07-15-2004, 05:11 AM
What kind of pain with fibroids?

Hello Everyone
I have read many messages on the pain after surgery but not very much on pain before surgery so here is my question:

What kind of pain do you feel with your fibroids and cysts?

I have an ovary which is consumed by a cyst and few fairly large fibroids. I don't have pain daily but at least once a week. When I do get the pain it is a sense of bloating and a pressure of pushing downward. It feels like when I try to get up I am lifting 100lbs in my abdomen. I know this isn't possible but that is the extent of pressure I feel in the lower pelvic area. I also get really bad bachaches when it happens. I still have a month to go before surgery and I am hoping it doesn't get worse than this.

What are your experiences with Fibroids and cysts besides the bleeding and clots?

hugs to all
Elfie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-15-2004, 05:25 AM

HI!
Like SO many other conditions, it varies greatly from one woman to another. Some women are completely asymptomatic and some suffer greatly.
Personally, I had constant pain in my total abdomen with pressure and heaviness just like the feeling right before your menses begin. Pain and pressure in the lower back, along with irregular and very heavy, clotting flows that lasted at least nine days each time.
You may stay very much the same until the time of your surgery. All the best to you in your last month of waiting. Take that time to rest and eat healthily and try to get your body to the best it can be under the circumstances to prepare it for surgery.
s
Leslie
Unread 07-15-2004, 05:30 AM

Hi,

My symptoms from the fibroids/endo were pressure and heaviness, having to pee every half hour, Aunt Flo visiting more often than normal, heavy bleeding, and ovulation pain and cramping. General anaemia and exhaustion.

Good riddance to all that!

xxx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-15-2004, 05:32 AM

Hi,
I felt like I was wearing a tool belt with all the tools in it. the fibroids really seemed to grow rapidly the month before my surgery. I had NO appetite and would even throw up at times after eating. I looked like I was going to give birth soon! Not to mention what it did to my sense of well-being. But.......it's over now!!!! good luck
Unread 07-15-2004, 06:36 AM

I love the tool belt description... I definitely have that some days. Other days I have the gastro symptoms with no appetite and nausea if I eat anyway... Other days painful voiding & bm... Other days surprise heavy bleeding - filling my shoes with blood and leaving a trail to the bathroom.... The worst -- lately I feel like I'm pregnant with Edward Sizzorhands and he really, really wants out!!!

Cue music... "I enjoy being a girl!"

In two weeks and 90 minutes all this will be history!!!
Unread 07-15-2004, 06:53 AM

I feel pregnant (I honestly expect to feel a kick sometimes) and all of the fullness that goes with it. I have a feeling that my fibroids are growing now -- or maybe it's just that now that I'm aware of how big they are, I'm conscious of it and I feel it more. My uterus is at least 16x10 cm (those ultrasounds are never 100% accurate and mine will have been taken 3 months before surgery when I go in). Now my ribcage has started aching. I can feel the hardness of my uterus behind my navel, so I know it's pushing all the other organs around. This is why I can't take a really deep breath, and I get winded really easily.

And I can relate to that feeling of pain like before your period starts. It's that full, heavy, there's-someone-standing-on-my-pelvic-bone feeling.
Unread 07-15-2004, 07:39 AM

I thankfully have not had the pain you have but I have mine with my period and the backache. Most of my pain comes with intercourse. I love my dh and being sexually intimate with him but its come down to where there are only 1 or 2 positions that are relatively pain free. I also just have periodic pains in my uterus. My hysterectomy is scheduled in about a month as well. And I can not imagine having more pain like yours to go along with what I do have. Try not to worry; as easy as that is to say and as hard it is to do.
Unread 07-15-2004, 07:55 AM

I've had fibroids for over 10 years with the little aliens acting up these past 2 years. Not every day but enough to affect my quality of life.

I have the pressure, stabbing pains, protruding tummy, constant backache, constant trips to the potty, constipation even with extra fiber in my diet, stabbing pains down my left leg and, the worst, painful intercourse. Sometimes when I'm laying on the bean bag with my grandson, I can feel the little alien and it actually feels like an orange.

Then there's the enlarged uterus and, because of my 12-week sized "alien", my uterus is "c" shaped. So I don't expel my uterine lining each month which causes a constant reddish/brown discharge to occur all the time especially after sex.

I know the end is in sight but still have 9 weeks and 3 days to go...but who's counting!

Best of luck to all LIWs!

Connie
Unread 07-15-2004, 11:39 AM

Thank you so much to All who have responded. Now I feel normal!...lol As normal can be with women with our particular problems. I too feel that "tool belt" pressure(I think it is an excellent description! I also have the constipation, back ache, bloating, feeling like stuff is squished in there etc..... I hate to say this because I don't want any of you suffering, please believe me, but I am glad to see that others have the same symptoms and I can now stop making up these thoughts in my head that I have other tumours growing or something.

Thank you for your help. As you can I am a worry wart even though I try to be strong. What a wonderful place this is where we can come share all our thoughts, experiences, pains and joy afterward.

hugs, and support to all!
Unread 07-15-2004, 12:11 PM

I have many of the same symptoms above.
I also have stabbing pains where my ovaries are located,
Doc says the ovaries look fine. I can't be ovaulating everyday.
I have sharp shooting pains sometimes that go all the way across my abodomen.
Sometimes I my uterus contracts and it feels like I am in Labor.
And pressure.... I feel like I am sitting on a baseball!!!
Recently, leg pain in my thighs and half way to my knees.
It sort a feels like the nerves or vein are throbbing.

My stomache is getting larger, sometimes I look like I am
5- 6 months pregnant. I am wearing larger clothes yet
I have lost about 4 lbs. in less then a week.
I wonder how I will look when swelly belly sets in.

I didn't know what was going on until I was diagnosed with
a rather large Fibroid and 12 week uterus. Possible Andenomyosis.
This site helped me understand what is going on,
and that I not the only one with these symptoms.

Good Luck,
Mary

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register