Leg Pain helpppppppp - Page 2 | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Leg Pain helpppppppp Leg Pain helpppppppp

Unread 08-21-2005, 10:44 PM
Leg Pain helpppppppp

Beckd and Tracy--please don't wait to have this checked out. I had a blood clot in my left calf very shortly after surgery. I had no redness whatsoever, and I could not discern any swelling (although a nurse did). I had to go to the ER twice--the first time (at a hospital closer to me) they ran an ultrasound and said "Nope, no clot." But my leg continued to get worse, so the second time I went to the hospital where my surgery was (a little further away). There, the ultrasound technician took longer and was more thorough.

To give you an idea of the importance, both times my gyn's office told me as soon as I called to get to the ER immediately. If this is a clot, you need immediate attention. I don't want to alarm you, but that is what they told me.

A lot of hospitals do ultrasounds only during weekdays, so if you haven't gone yet, Monday morning would be a good time. Please keep us posted on what you find out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-22-2005, 12:48 AM
Leg Pain helpppppppp

My post-surgery papers said to contact my physician immediately (not the next day) if one of three things happened - temp over 101, difficulty breathing, pain in legs. I'm sure that different physicians have different criteria for "emergency" calls but I suspect I'd start with a call to my physician and take her/his advice on whether to go to an emergency room. As mentioned earlier, you probably won't get an ultra-sound in the middle of the night. I'd definitely try a banana (potassium booster) while waiting for a response. Do not neglect this for another day!
Unread 08-22-2005, 03:24 PM
Update

Hi Gals I did go in and see a Doc today.He sent me for a ultra sound still waiting ti hear back from the Doc. hes not only ruleing out a possable clot or he thinking maybe a tear in the muscal.So i'm home now waiting to play the waiting game and waiting for the phone to ring to see whats happening or what it might be.Will keep you up dated.so Like I said he thinking either a clot or the tear in the muscal.Like he said no messing around with they got me right in for the ultra sound at the Hospt.
Thxs hugs gals untill later
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-22-2005, 03:56 PM
Leg Pain helpppppppp

Let us know, I really hope its not a clot!! Take it easy until you hear something.

GA
Unread 08-22-2005, 06:37 PM
Leg Pain helpppppppp

beckd_72,
I also went to the doctor today about my leg pain (calf). He, also, ordered a Doppler ultrasound for me but mine is tomorrow morning at 7:45. I hope all is well with you. Please let me know!! He said it might be a magnesium deficiency---but better safe than sorry. I hope he is right! Mine really only hurts when I'm lying in bed or leaning on it...not when I walk.

Tracy
Unread 08-22-2005, 07:01 PM
Leg Pain helpppppppp

Holy cow, I have this today as well! I got on here to ask and I saw this post. I am calling now. Thanks!
Unread 08-22-2005, 08:13 PM
Tracy

Hi well mine hurts all the time no matter what I'm doing. Still havn't heard anything.i called the dr back before they closed the nurse said she didnt hear anything as of then.She also told me that they cet to the office at 7:30 am so she will check in to it more and then hopefully that I should hear something in the morning.
Unread 08-22-2005, 08:16 PM
Anada

Hey what systems are you having with your leg ?
Opppps I forgot to say they also didnt do any blood work either.
Unread 08-22-2005, 08:22 PM
Leg Pain helpppppppp

Ladies--this is very important. The first time I went to the ER, they said there was no clot. But my leg just got worse from there. By 2 days later, I could hardly put weight on it and my dr sent me to the ER again. It was only on the second ultrasound that they found the clot. So if they do not find one but your leg continues to get worse please follow up on it.
Unread 08-22-2005, 08:24 PM
Leg Pain helpppppppp

Mine hurts like a charley horse and feels like that even without standing on it. It is worse when walking and flexing my foot towards my leg. I woke up with it this morning, and it has gotten worse today. I have a call into my on-call doc and I am waiting for a call back. I don't want to wait until tomorrow, so if they don't call back I will go to the ER and see what they say. It hurts!!!

I hope they call you in the morning.

I am hoping it is a false alarm for both of us!!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register