I feel so full..... | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I feel so full..... I feel so full.....

Unread 08-26-2005, 08:40 PM
I feel so full.....

in my belly area I mean. Especially when I make the mistake of eating too large of a meal, but not only when ive eaten too much. I guess later in the day more often...

and when I feel "full" and heavy like this in my abdomen I HATE to go to the washroom it acutally puts alot of pressure on my perinium and hurts.

is this normal? how long does it last?
BTW Im 8 days post op for TAH, appendix removal and cyst on ovary removed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-27-2005, 12:45 AM
I feel so full.....

Hello fellow Canadian!

I would guess that it still is quite swollen inside - and likely it will go away in time... if you are constipated make sure you take a stool softener to help - or something like Metamucil... if you are still taking pain meds- that can be the cause of your constipation as well...

Everyone heals differently so just give it time and wait and see I guess... if you get a fever or lots of pain - give your doc a call and see what they say...

Do you have indigestion or just a full feeling?

Hugs!

Shauna
Unread 08-27-2005, 09:34 AM
I feel so full.....

THanks Shauna, Great to see other canadians here, plus I too am from BC, im central close to Prince George.

No indigestion. and im taking docusate to take care of bowels. everything there is good. I belive from my other post about activity level at this point in recovery I learnt a little more as to why I was feeling so terrible. I over did it. Nothing crazy, just I guess im not good at being the patient. I was on my feet too much yesterday. Picked a few peas and carrots in the garden (raised beds though) and threw in a load of laundry, (which to my defense took a long time I was doing it very slowly) but thats behind me, nothing but leaving my butt print on the couch with my feet up and many short frequent walks.

Thanks for all your help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-27-2005, 09:46 AM
I feel so full.....

Yes - be good princess, take over the remote or get someone to get you some good movies - chick flicks are better than good comedies at this point - laughing hurts!! It hasn't even been 10 days yet!! You officailly get at least 6 weeks off from ALL house work... remember - you only get 1 chance to heal correctly - and did you know that in Germany - women with hyster's are in hospital for FULL 3 weeks! No kidding...

I will be up in PG in Nov for a big speed skating meet with my son... and I also spent the first 18 months of my life there- don't remember a thing though...

Hugs!

Shauna
Unread 08-27-2005, 09:54 AM
I feel so full.....

oh wow 3 wks in hospital. Thanks for the reality check your right I do only have one chance to heal and I have already told myself after how sore and tired I was last night I have to be much more carefull.

Oh how cool that you'll be close by in Nov. Im a hour west of PG in a small town. Was born in Kamloops until age 3ish, then here ever since. I did have a short stay in Calgary in my teenage years.

Thanks.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register