Hysterectomy (LAVH) scheduled 1/29 nervous | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy (LAVH) scheduled 1/29 nervous Hysterectomy (LAVH) scheduled 1/29 nervous

Unread 01-05-2015, 09:56 AM
Hysterectomy (LAVH) scheduled 1/29 nervous

I have four fibroids that are about an inch each in size. Currently I am having urinary leaks and constipation. I have very heavy periods with clots and cramping. My stomach looks like I am 5 months pregnant. My uterus is only slightly enlarged. I was hoping that the enlarged uterus was causing my bloated stomach but it may not be. She is taking the uterus and cervix. She plans on leaving the one ovary that I have. She will take it if it looks diseased. My husband and I have a good sex life. I hope this will not ruin it. I have had several surgeries over the last three years due to a brain hemorrhage. The hysterectomy is necessary because the gynecologist said I am losing too much blood with my periods. Sometimes filling a pad and tampon every hour to two hours. Periods are miserable for me now. I am very short with a short waist. The gynecologist said the uterus is like a bag of rocks on my bladder and is pushing the bowel area. I also have sciatica. It is very painful. I don't know if the fibroids could be causing that pain. I hope I am doing the right thing by having the hysterectomy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-05-2015, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pom71 View Post
I have four fibroids that are about an inch each in size. Currently I am having urinary leaks and constipation. I have very heavy periods with clots and cramping. My stomach looks like I am 5 months pregnant. My uterus is only slightly enlarged. I was hoping that the enlarged uterus was causing my bloated stomach but it may not be. She is taking the uterus and cervix. She plans on leaving the one ovary that I have. She will take it if it looks diseased. My husband and I have a good sex life. I hope this will not ruin it. I have had several surgeries over the last three years due to a brain hemorrhage. The hysterectomy is necessary because the gynecologist said I am losing too much blood with my periods. Sometimes filling a pad and tampon every hour to two hours. Periods are miserable for me now. I am very short with a short waist. The gynecologist said the uterus is like a bag of rocks on my bladder and is pushing the bowel area. I also have sciatica. It is very painful. I don't know if the fibroids could be causing that pain. I hope I am doing the right thing by having the hysterectomy.
My LAVH is Friday. But I can tell you I'm constantly bloated with my fibroids. I don't have urinary issues but I know it can definitely cause it. I do have bowel issues (constipation) and because my belly is so big (like being preg) my back and hips and legs hurt a lot. Fibroids are lil monsters that just make you miserable. I've been told it helps a lot with all those issues to get them removed.
Unread 01-05-2015, 12:16 PM
Re: Hysterectomy (LAVH) scheduled 1/29 nervous

How big are your fibroids if you don't mind me asking? My stomach is huge and sometimes swells like I have swallowed a beach ball. People have even asked me if I was pregnant. I have lots of digestive issues. IBS, etc. It would be wonderful if this surgery relieves the constant bloating. My legs also hurt. Sciatica is terrible. Good luck with your surgery. You will be in my prayers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-05-2015, 12:42 PM

Hi there
I am 2weeks post op from a LAVH for multiple fibroids ranging from 2cms-8cms. I had all your symptoms and more lol and it now have none 😊😊. I suffered for around 3years as these symptoms crept on me and I carried on existing. I am 43 with 4 children all c sections. My symptoms ranged from pain, pain in back and legs, frequent periods, bleeding after sex, poor circulation, ibs, gluten intolerance, headaches and fatigue like you wouldn't believe. And altho I am sore and obviously recovering I haven't had one occurrence of any of these symptoms and it's been the best decision I have made for a long time. I feel alive!! Awake!! I was scared beyond words I questioned everything almost changed my mind twice. I can barely believe all these were caused by fibroids but they were!! I wasn't suffering a mental illness I wasn't imagining any of them. Dr said that fibroids couldn't cause all my problems...well the proof is in the end result and I hand on heart truly believe they did!!!!
Unread 01-05-2015, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pom71 View Post
How big are your fibroids if you don't mind me asking? My stomach is huge and sometimes swells like I have swallowed a beach ball. People have even asked me if I was pregnant. I have lots of digestive issues. IBS, etc. It would be wonderful if this surgery relieves the constant bloating. My legs also hurt. Sciatica is terrible. Good luck with your surgery. You will be in my prayers.
I have four. One is around 5cm (2.5") rest around 1 inch I believe.
Unread 01-05-2015, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richak1000 View Post
Hi there
I am 2weeks post op from a LAVH for multiple fibroids ranging from 2cms-8cms. I had all your symptoms and more lol and it now have none 😊😊. I suffered for around 3years as these symptoms crept on me and I carried on existing. I am 43 with 4 children all c sections. My symptoms ranged from pain, pain in back and legs, frequent periods, bleeding after sex, poor circulation, ibs, gluten intolerance, headaches and fatigue like you wouldn't believe. And altho I am sore and obviously recovering I haven't had one occurrence of any of these symptoms and it's been the best decision I have made for a long time. I feel alive!! Awake!! I was scared beyond words I questioned everything almost changed my mind twice. I can barely believe all these were caused by fibroids but they were!! I wasn't suffering a mental illness I wasn't imagining any of them. Dr said that fibroids couldn't cause all my problems...well the proof is in the end result and I hand on heart truly believe they did!!!!
I am also 43. I have three children. They were all vaginal deliveries. I have a scar like a c section due to an exploratory laparotomy. Some of the symptoms you mentioned above I also have. Gluten intolerance, headaches, fatigue. I hope this surgery will relieve some of those. Your fibroids were much larger than mine. My largest is about 3 cm. I have four in the 3 cm range. Sometimes I think Drs. don't always know all the symptoms. I had a brain hemorrhage, (ruptured aneurysm). I had symptoms prior to the rupture but my surgeons and Drs don't believe it. I'm so happy you are feeling better. I hope I have such a good result. I have lots of pain. My cervix is sore all the time. It was so nice to hear a positive story like yours. Wishing you continued healing. It sounds like you are doing very well. Thank you so much.
Unread 01-05-2015, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreeve View Post
I have four. One is around 5cm (2.5") rest around 1 inch I believe.
I also have four but they are all about 3 cm each. I'm very short with a short waist though. The gynecologist said the uterus is taking up too much room. My uterus is only about two inches larger than normal. Going by what she told me.
Unread 01-05-2015, 03:35 PM

I am here if you need me Hun, any questions no matter how weird and wonderful I will try and answer. Xx
Unread 01-06-2015, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richak1000 View Post
I am here if you need me Hun, any questions no matter how weird and wonderful I will try and answer. Xx
Thank you!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register