Hysterectomy was success | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy was success Hysterectomy was success

Unread 02-07-2006, 06:31 PM
Hysterectomy was success

Hey there guys

Just stopped in to let everyone know it's been 2 years since I had my surgery and I'm wondering now why I didn't get it sooner. I had a fibroid the size of a grapefruit and some endometriosis and I was suffering excruciating pain every month around the 20th; Now I don't have to plan around that date and don't have to take no more narcotics and I am very active; Volleyball/biking/jazzercize. The only thing that remained after was some swelly belly but hey after having kids I had some swelly belly happening, compare to the pain I was feeling it's a small price to pay. I remember being so afraid before having my surgery since it was my 1st major surgery because of all the horror stories I would hear and some books out there were discouraging me but when I discovered this site, I made up my mind and went through with it and it was great to come back from the hospital and read the message board for what I can describe as being a great support. I could relate to some of the women in here who had similar symptoms and it sure was helpful, even the colors of this website I found we're inviting and soothing. It's been 2 years and I thought if I can help someone why not? Take care guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-07-2006, 06:35 PM
Hysterectomy was success

hi there...how long did it take you to start feeling ok again??i am 12 days post-op today,and i feel like crude..yes,i have swelly belly,no,it doesnt bother me...i have the sharp shooting pains,i expected that,but i just feel like crud,almost like i have the flu..and theres a place on my right side,that hurts so bad i cant even touch it..i still have to put my hand over the area when i try to walk because it hurts so bad....i just feel so yucky..my hubby keeps tellin me ill feel better soon,and ill be glad i had this done once i feel better,but for right now,i feel yucky...im glad your doing so much better..i sure i can say the same thing....sonie
Unread 02-07-2006, 06:44 PM
Hysterectomy was success

Hey Sonie give yourself a couple of weeks and you will start feeling much better
You had major surgery so it will take some time before you're back to your normal self again. Did you take time off work? I was off for 6 weeks. Now my memory serves me well , I was ready to go back and started playing volley ball 3 months after. At 12 weeks, I was doing the shuffling thing and felt like crud. Keep me posted
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-07-2006, 06:54 PM
Hysterectomy was success

hey there...i am actually a sahm to 7 children,so the job thing wasnt a concern for me...i know 12 days post-op is still early,im just so use to be being active,and ive had other surgeries where ive bounced right back,this is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy different.....my hubby wants us to do a bit of tomorrow to see if this may help me some...im also having my 2 week post-op check in the morning,so wish me luck with that one....sonie
Unread 02-07-2006, 07:05 PM
Hysterectomy was success

soniek,i just told my husband earlier tonite i feel yuck almost like the flu!! maybe its just the way we are supposed to feel but i dont like it not one bit
Unread 02-07-2006, 07:12 PM
Hysterectomy was success

I am at 7 and a half months now. I also had lovely huge fibroids. I know I would like to have had it years ago(doctors wouldn't do it, lest I wanted to have kids). I still have a bit of swelly belly, but mostly I am back to better than normal now. Only real problem left is the insomnia. Can't believe it's been this long.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register