anyone have this complication?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

anyone have this complication?? anyone have this complication??

Unread 01-21-2007, 05:35 PM
anyone have this complication??

I ended up back at the dr office on Friday, 3w since surgery. Anyway I went in because at 2w I started to have some uncomfortable pain and it was to follow up. Well, he did an u/s and he thinks my right ovary may have fallen. I had a cyst on it at the time of surgery and he removed it and now is worried that my ovary may have fallen and an adhesion may be forming and keeping it from moving back to normal place. I will have an MRI at the end of the week. It that is the case then they will do a laporscopic surgery to put it back in the right place. Anyone have this happen to them at all?
Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-21-2007, 07:02 PM

Hi Melissa! I had my tvh the same day as you did, well i guess it isn't a tvh as my dr. could not get my left ovary, I have been having pain on that side. Can you tell me if you had like contraction pains or can you describe the pains, I am a little worried that something is going on rather then just an infection that my dr. said i might have. Sorry i couldn't help with your question, but i hope you can answer mine.
Thanks!!
Unread 01-22-2007, 06:03 AM

well it is like sharp shooting pains. also my pelvic exams sent me through the roof! I almost threw up the pain was so bad during the transvaginal u/s. My dr said that if an ovary falls you can have extreme tenderness where the end of it lays. It also wasn't in the same place as it was last week on the u/s. So if that is what is the problem, then I feel sharp pains with sometimes feeling crampy. I also have a hematoma though (collection of blood and body fluids) that is above my cuff and that can cause uncomfortableness. I will have an MRI in a week, sometimes these ovarys can move back on there own and other times it requries more surgery.

Hope you feel better soon!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-22-2007, 07:11 AM

Hi Melissa, I'm so sorry you're having these issues with your ovary and that hematoma. I hope the hematoma will continue to dissolve on its own. My thoughts are with you that the ovary returns to its proper place all by itself.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register