Painful sex | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 10-13-2011, 03:04 PM
Painful sex

Hi ladies. I am 2 months out from having my hysterectomy. I have my ovaries still. I have pcos and the Dr said the ovaries are large and polycstic. I think she left them due to I am 33 and she didn't want me to go into menopause.

Any who I went in 2 weeks ago for my 6 week check up. The dr said the stiches are not healed. She said the vagina is healing nicely. She did the internal exam. It was sore on the left. She said that is where the stiches are not healed. She said no sex for another 2 weeks.

Well 2 weeks is this fri, but hubby and I were intimate last night. It was so painful I thought I was gonna die!!! He was gentle and slow. Afterwards I had light bleeding and for the rest of the evening. The vagina and up inside is sore as all get out. I feel so pressure by the rectal area.

I called the Dr but she is out today,a nd will call me tomorrow.

Any thoughts? Expereince?

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-13-2011, 05:13 PM
Re: Painful sex

I think that if the DR told you to wait two weeks, there was a reason for it based on how your vaginal cuff area looked, and you should have waited the full two weeks - I would have probably waited another extra week just to be safe, or had the DR check first before assuming healing had taken place.

Tell the DR what happened and that you are still sore. She will probably want to have a look and perhaps prescribe some vaginal estrogen cream to help you heal better.

s,
-Linda
Unread 10-13-2011, 06:00 PM

I guess I thought 2 days wasn't a big deal. I didn't think 2 days was going to make a difference. I am almost 9 weeks out.

Maybe I thought wrong?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-13-2011, 06:36 PM

I suggest putting a hold on sex for now and maybe slowing down your daily activities a bit. Pamper yourself for another couple weeks. And ask the doctor do another exam before trying sex again. It's not worth it if you hurt after and then hubby feels bad.
Unread 10-13-2011, 10:35 PM

I was on vacation in Hawaii and I bled after sex. We continued to have sex, as we were in paradise. I regret that.

When I got back for my appointment, the doctor said my cuff was not fully healed and to "lay off" of sex for awhile.

He was not specific, so I asked the nurse via email.

She said he said at least another month or two months would be better.

This is all a big inconvenience and "raining on my parade" a bit, but I have to listen. I don't want another granulation laser surgery.

Please listen to your doctor, then add 4 days for good measure.

Good luck. I hope yours heals better than mine did.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register