LAVH Scheduled for 5-27 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

LAVH Scheduled for 5-27 LAVH Scheduled for 5-27

Unread 05-16-2005, 06:29 PM
LAVH Scheduled for 5-27

HI,

I was told about this site from my friend and boss a couple weeks ago. I am in my early 40's and a few of the women I work with about the same age as me have already had a Hyst. I have been reading on here like crazy ever since! I really enyoy the stories. (Especially the ones about the single women who pretty much have to do it alone.)

I had an MRI for my tailbone, 3 weeks ago, that has been giving me problems ever since I tried snowboarding 2yrs ago.. and we found some problems that led me here. My symptoms have not been anything like the women in here with excessive bleeding or major pains or operations. I have gone up 2 pant sizes in the last 6 months and am very althletic. I have cramping.. but more so since I was diagnosed with two 5cm tumors in my uterus and about 6 smaller ones. I say more so since the diagnosis.. because now I realize what it is! I have always had abnormal readings on my pap so the Doc says he'll take the cervix too. When I got the MRI back I immediately called my OB and made an appt. I am very Pro-Active with my body and we scheduled the LAVH the same day. Now that I have a better idea (Ultrasound in the office too) what is going on.. I am ready to get the recovery going. I just thought my workouts were failing me. I have had 5 shoulder surgeries in the past 2yrs with the snowboarding episode and now this. The shoulder stuff was fairly major with anywhere from 2-3 months off each time and lots of PT. But this is just diff. At first I was.. 'just do it.' Then I was kind of angry that my choice was being taken.. not that I ever wanted kids.. but still! Now I am in a BIG hurry to get it done. 2 weeks seems like too long! I can feel every cramp and every inch of bloating that goes on! I just want my regular life back. I know that I am in a diff boat than lots of women here.. as I have had very little suffering.. related to this.. but if ONE MORE THING comes up after this.. I will FLIP! I'm serious.. I took up bike riding because of my shoulder.. now I'm heading back to the couch! Hopefully this will help with all the bloating and get me back into my 'regular' clothes.. without the cramping. My friend at work says it should help with my mood swings too.. apparently I'm moody.. HAHAHA I tell them that they would be too if they knew every nurse in the IC room and didnt work there. Everytime I go in they greet me by name.. the other patients just look at me like I am some celebrity or something.

I'm just tired.. grumpy.. and now I am crampy and feel very fat. Should all this pass afterwards? Please say yes. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-16-2005, 06:38 PM
LAVH Scheduled for 5-27

Hello, Cruizin--

Are you keeping your ovaries? I have heard that you can still have PMS symptoms when you keep them. I have also heard that PMS symptoms are mostly reduced after even with your ovaries still there. So, it may take awhile but it should be better without all the large, crampy, fibroidy uterus problems adding to it. I think you are lucky to go in only 11 days. Mine is 30 days away and the wait will just kill me, I know it.
Unread 05-16-2005, 06:43 PM
LAVH Scheduled for 5-27

Yes, I am supposed to keep my ovaries.. but I do know that one of mine has a cyst on it and it is also adhered to the side of something.. I found that out a couple years ago as I had pain with orgasms. From the MRI I saw that the Uterus is enlarged and the bladder is SCREAMING for more room.. that explains a lot.. I wondered why my first stop was always the bathroom when I arrived anywhere. Life is too funny! So I guess I'll see what happens when I wake up!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-16-2005, 08:06 PM
LAVH Scheduled for 5-27

Hi, and to HysterSisters!

You'll find lots of terrific support here, every step of the way of your journey.

It sounds like you've got plenty going on right now.... Please don't take this the wrong way, but it sounds like you may be rushing the surgery decision a bit. Hysterectomy is an irreversible surgery, and there may be less invasive treatments that can be tried first.

We really encourage members to get additional medical opinions if possible, and it sounds like your situation isn't an immediate emergency.

Many women do well after hysterectomy, but many also have complications ranging from barely noticeable to those which have major negative impact on quality of life. You may want to consider this before your surgery date. There's always time to have the operation.

Best wishes to you, no matter what you decide.
Unread 05-16-2005, 08:33 PM
LAVH Scheduled for 5-27

I've actually read the alternatives.. talked to my OB and my regular Doc and we all agree that this would be my best bet. I dont think I need to wait till I have grown 4 pant sizes and am bleeding like crazy or I have grapefruits instead of lemons inside me to take care of myself. I go to the bathroom all the time, have cramping constantly and found this problem by accident.. early. I actually feel very lucky. I was looking at another problem and was gifted with this answer. My uterus is over 5x larger than it is usually and I have constant pressure. I feel comfortable with my decision.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register