postop bleeding after sex and severe pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

postop bleeding after sex and severe pain postop bleeding after sex and severe pain

Unread 11-30-2008, 09:45 AM
postop bleeding after sex and severe pain

I had my hysterectomy on 10-06-08 which was the Da Vinci method. I was sore afterwards but nothing too gut wrenching and nothing like I experience after sex. We started about 5 weeks post op. At first it was slightly painful upon penetration but got better as we proceeded. Once it was done and during his climax I had severe gut wrenching pain inside me followed by some bleeding which subsides after a day. Almost emergency room time. The Dr. said normal not to worry. We have tried twice again and the same results. Nothing during the beginning but afterwards severe pain and I do mean severe. After a few hours to a day the bleeding stops, pain subsides and back to normal. I have a desire for sex and very worried over the pain. what is going on? what can I do? suggestions?????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-30-2008, 02:02 PM

I was told not to have penetration till after 6 weeks post op visit. There is a real chance to disrupt stitches especially if cervix removed. I would definitely get into my doctors office asap.
Unread 11-30-2008, 05:30 PM

I had pain so severe we couldn't even finish the first few times. Dr. had no answers for me, just to not have sex for a few more weeks (this happened at week 8 since I still had stitches at week 6). Make sure you have plenty of lube, and if the pain persists, have your doc to a pelvic.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-30-2008, 06:19 PM

Tomorrow will mark week seven for me and we haven't even tried yet. My 5 wk post-op exam alone was excruciating. I'm going to give it one more week before I let him anywhere near there. If there's any pain, he won't be allowed to finish. It sounds like you might just need to hold off for a bit. Take it easy for another week or two and see how you feel. If you're still having pain you should see your doctor.
Unread 11-30-2008, 08:56 PM

I am 6 weeks post-op and at my 6 wk check-up doc said no to sex for 3 more weeks and then he will examine me again. At that time he'll decide "go" or "no go". I had my cervix removed as well as the hysterectomy and according to doc am healing well though a couple of stitches left. For sure wait for your doc's okay before any intercourse. My doc said the same - there is a chance of the stitches coming loose on deep penetration. See your doc ASAP.
Unread 11-30-2008, 10:22 PM

I'd say go back to the doctor. If the pain is bad enough to send you to an ER and isn't improving over time, then I think the doc needs to check you out again.

We waited about 5 weeks. My first couple of orgasms resulted in some very painful cramps (groin, lower abdomen, rectum - and no . . . we weren't doing anything there!). The pains got better over time. I only had 3 or so of those huge cramps, but man oh man, do I remember them!
Unread 11-30-2008, 11:36 PM

Have you tried not letting him go to far into you? as in lengthing things out so he can't get fully in .. if not that might help things to start with .. also if he is hitting your new cuff when you are use to him hitting your cervix it can take a bit getting use to with new pain that is different from a cervix hit (my mate hits my cuff all the time when I let him, and its a sweet pain - use to bleed after it for a time, but am now 6 months post op and there is no colour).

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register