Complication like this one, anyone? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Complication like this one, anyone? Complication like this one, anyone?

Unread 10-09-2007, 11:02 AM
Complication like this one, anyone?

I have to go and have a procedure done on monday. Last week I went to see my doctor (hyster in march) because I started bleeding after sex. Well it turns out I have tissue that had overgrown and last week he used silver nitrate. Now I have to go in Monday and he is going to numb the area with Lidicane and cut out the excess tissue in his office. It sounds horrible and am a little concerned about the procedure. Has anyone else had this done and how did you feel during and after? How about sex? Did it hurt after? Thanks
Paula
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-09-2007, 08:46 PM

Did your doctor call the condition "granulation"? If so, this is a somewhat common condition after surgery. Many end up having one or more treatments for this.

I hope another (((sister))) who has had this difficulty will come along and give some additional insight for you. Take care of yourself.
Unread 10-10-2007, 06:11 AM

He didn't say the word granulation but I am sure that is what it is. Isn't is an overgrowth of tissue? That is what was said. I am guessing that is what it is. I haven't heard from anyone else. It surprises me lately cause when I post a question I get little or no replies at all. When I first had the surgery I always got replies. Now that I am further out I don't get many. I wonder if its cause so many stop coming back after recovery. I like to come back and look and check up on the post ops just in case I can help. Not a problem really. Once I have it done I can come back and help from my experiences. Thanks
Paula
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-10-2007, 06:15 AM

Paula -

I can't comment on the granulation issue, but I wanted to say that I am sorry to hear you aren't getting responses to your posts. Perhaps some women 'disappear' after their surgery as you suggested. Anyway, we are here for you.
Unread 10-10-2007, 06:27 AM

Thank you! I am not taking personal or anything. I certainly understand. When I post I am just hoping the right person is on at the right time. These posts move so fast that sometimes the right person doesn't even see it unless they go back a few pages. There are days sometimes where I don't log in too so I understand. Maybe I will repost it in a couple of days. Thanks again!
Paula
Unread 10-10-2007, 06:30 AM

You are welcome.
Unread 10-10-2007, 07:15 AM

Hi Paula!

I had the same thing happen to me. I had so much granulation tissue on my vaginal cuff that silver nitrate alone wasn't enough to take care of the problem. So, my doctor removed the tissue in the office.

The cuff was numbed first and I won't lie--that hurt a lot. My doctor is so good about telling me what to expect. He said it would feel like a bee sting and that's not too far off on how it felt. The first injection was the worst and as it started to work, I barely felt the others.

After it was completely numbed he proceeded to cut off the tissue, which was sent to the lab to be sure it really was granulation tissue. (It was. ) I was glad I had not driven myself to that appointment as I felt crampy afterward. As soon as I got home I went right to bed. The next day I was still a little achy but was able to function and have a pretty normal day. I didn't feel it necessary to spend the day in bed.

I had discharge for a while--mostly a blackish-silverish stuff from the silver nitrate used after the surgery. My doctor put me on an antibiotic and sex was off limits for at least a week or so. It took a few more treatments of silver nitrate to fully heal and it took a few months before there was no more pain at the cuff. Keeping sex on the slow and gentle side will help. Everything did eventually heal and I haven't had problems with my vaginal cuff since.

This sure isn't pleasant to go through. There is light at the end of the tunnel and we'll be here to share our support, experiences and s.

Good luck on Monday! I'll be waiting to hear how it went for you when you feel up to posting afterward.

s

P. S. - For anyone reading this who wants to know more about granulation tissue and how it is treated, there's lots of good information in this Post-Op Article: ***Vaginal Cuff Granulation - Silver Nitrate - Cauterization***.
Unread 10-10-2007, 08:46 AM

Hi Paula,

At 9 weeks post-op, which was about 1 and 1/2 weeks ago, I had some bleeding after sex. That happened over the weekend so of course I hopped on Hystersisters and found much comfort and valuable information. On Monday I called my doctor and went in, he could tell right away it was granulation and did silver nitrate in his office. It was a bit uncomfy but not painful at all. I went back a week later, this past Monday and for a recheck and everything looked fine.

I didn't have exactly what you have, but I just wanted to let you know you are not alone and send you good wishes!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register