New Painful Leg cramps since Feb 2015 surgery - Any Advice? - Page 9 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New Painful Leg cramps since Feb 2015 surgery - Any Advice? New Painful Leg cramps since Feb 2015 surgery - Any Advice?

Unread 02-21-2015, 07:39 AM
New Painful Leg cramps since Feb 2015 surgery - Any Advice?

Hi everyone! Thursday the 19tb I had a laproscopic vaginal hysterectomy. Uterus, cervix and tubes were removed. I have been managing the pain well and napping. The body pillow is my friend I do have a swelly belly. Although I am tired and sore, I am still confident that the hyster was the best way to go
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-21-2015, 10:13 AM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Feb 16-Feb 22,2015

Day 3: off of narcotics and have been able to stick with Naproxen and Tylenol. Feeling of heaviness in my abdomen and a little sore on my bottom ribs when I try to breathe deeply. Sore and a bit itchy at the incision site (belly button). I've been wearing the wrap I bought on hystersisters for support and that seems to be very helpful. In the hospital they told me to keep a heating pad on my abdomen, which I think was to help with any pain coming from gas but now I feel like i should put ice/cold on my abdomen to help take down some of the inflammation. Does anyone have any thoughts about that? Other than that I'm just feeling so tired but I know that is to be expected. Still need to have a bm.
Unread 02-21-2015, 11:18 AM

Day 3: I am happy to say not much pain and am able to control it (the pain) w/ IB....so far. :S :/ And am just feeling some soreness/stiffness/tightness. I took my nausea patch off this am while in the shower so we'll see how things go, hopefully I'm past the nasua part. :S :/ Alright gonna go read and rest, I shall bbl!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-21-2015, 02:13 PM

Im on day 3 as well and doing good. Off the narcs, and just taking IB as well. Just got back from the store. Felt good to get out of the house. Got some movies and now just gonna rest. So glad to hear everyone else is doing good as well.
Unread 02-21-2015, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellyR View Post
Im on day 3 as well and doing good. Off the narcs, and just taking IB as well. Just got back from the store. Felt good to get out of the house. Got some movies and now just gonna rest. So glad to hear everyone else is doing good as well.
Unread 02-21-2015, 05:25 PM

Greetings Sisters,

I am happy so many of you are adjusting well after surgery.

For those of you who are concerned with sluggish bowels, please see if this article helps...Sluggish Bowels

Remember no bending, lifting, housework, or trips to the mall

And if you need pain medication, please do not feel guilty! It was prescribed for a reason. The key is to take your meds exactly as prescribed and do not stretch out the dosage - please do not think you are being brave because this may cause increased pain. Your body needs to concentrate on healing NOT fighting pain
Unread 02-21-2015, 05:28 PM

My surgery was on the 16th of this month. Everything went well. I feel like I've been blessed by not having much pain at all. I am having more pain in my arm from the I V than anything else. Each day I wake up and see more bruising. I know I have to take things easy but I'm getting restless. Would like to go outside since I've been home but my wonderful husband won't let me because of the subzero temperatures. I pray everyone gets well and stays positive with their own recovery
Unread 02-21-2015, 06:03 PM

I'm on day 3 of recovery now from TVH. Off Vicodin now & taking 600mg IB every 6 hours. The vicodin (I've never taken before) gave me my very first migraine (I'm guessing it had to be a migraine--blurred vision, light sensitive, nauseous & felt like my head would explode). I am still experiencing back pain & using a heating pad for that plus HORRIBLE GAS PAINS. I've taken miralax but still haven't had a BM, I feel like once I have one I might get some relief. I ate a soft diet 3 days before surgery which I thought was helping, but the gas has caught up with me. My head feels alot clearer today (not so groggy & out of it), my throats feeling better today & I took my first shower today (but afterwards the swelling down below got really bad & I freaked out a little & thought my insides were falling out but they weren't). I'm thinking I should've waited on the shower but never the less I felt
refreshed after. Learning as I go, knowing each day will get better & better.
Unread 02-21-2015, 07:10 PM

Day 4 was doing great until I forgot that I wasn't supposed to push or pull. Now I am having extreme lower back pain and cramping. This sucks
Unread 02-21-2015, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djohnson135 View Post
Day 4 was doing great until I forgot that I wasn't supposed to push or pull. Now I am having extreme lower back pain and cramping. This sucks
Ugh - do your "damage control" now by resting and try the heating pad if you have one...it helps ease up the cramping.
Feel better.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register