January 21st 2014. That's to long to wait. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

January 21st 2014. That's to long to wait. January 21st 2014. That's to long to wait.

Unread 09-17-2013, 06:59 PM
January 21st 2014. That's to long to wait.

Hi I am new to this site. I am so greatful I found it. I am 33 yrs old dealing with 3 week periods and couch laying cramps. I and am undergoing da Vinci method on January 21st 2014 I feel that is way to long to wait. I am having a breast MRI next week which I was hoping would go toward deductable for this yr. I don't know what to do,someone mentioned it may be because of the da Vinci method. What's your thoughts. Thank you in advance. Hugs to all !!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-17-2013, 07:12 PM
Re: January 21st 2014. That's to long to wait.

The daVinci requires special equipment and a surgeon who's trained to use this equipment, so it make sense that the wait times for a daVinci might be longer than for other types of hysterectomy. Did you ask your surgeon what the wait time would be if you had a different type? Also, did you ask other surgeons in your area for their "quotes" on wait times?
Unread 09-17-2013, 07:19 PM

No I did not ask my Dr. About wait times on other methods. Looking back I should have. I am supposed to get in touch with his surgery scheduler tomorrow. I guess I could ask her if laparoscopic has a quicker surgery date. It would just help soo much if they could do it this yr because if my higher deduc. Thank you for your advise!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-17-2013, 07:24 PM

When you call, also ask if you can be put on a wait list in case an earlier date becomes available unexpectedly.
Unread 09-17-2013, 07:25 PM

Can you try a major metropolitan area? You are going to bleed so much by january, and have such bad anemia at this rate. I was able to get mine in a month. Try to ask around and do research on docs experienced in davinci. Thats what I did. My doc was useless. I was in agony and having serious bleeding and I found my angel of a surgeon. Mine was scheduled almost two months out but I told them to slap me in if someone cancelled and I lucked out. Best wishes in your journey to a new life!
Unread 09-17-2013, 07:35 PM

Thank you guys so much for all the advice. I am so glad your here to help me!! <3
Unread 09-18-2013, 01:38 PM

Scheduling depends on a lot of factors...the availability of the OR, the doctors operating schedule, type of surgery, etc. My original surgery was scheduled for October 18 for a LAVH. That was due to the doctor's OR schedule. When I changed doctors for other reasons, my new doctor scheduled me for the daVinci LAVH and I had a date only two weeks later. Bigger hospital, more operating rooms available, and he had less operations already booked. It also depends on the time the surgeon thinks the operation will take. I was booked for 5 hours, it took 4.5 so he made a pretty good estimate.

Hope that helps a bit!

Liz
Unread 09-19-2013, 10:09 AM

Thank you. It does help. Great advice!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register