Wait Time for Surgery Date?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Wait Time for Surgery Date?? Wait Time for Surgery Date??

Unread 09-18-2013, 02:17 PM
Wait Time for Surgery Date??

I know this is an age old question, but I thought it was worth asking again....

How long did you wait to get a surgery date? I have <> and waiting for them to call is killing me!! :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-18-2013, 02:27 PM
Re: Wait Time for Surgery Date??

I don't have a definitive answer yet, but I went in for my consult yesterday and they are looking at the first week in October for me. I will find out the exact day tomorrow when I meet with the surgeon. (My gyn does DaVinci surgeries but she doesn't do them at the hospital my insurance needs me to use, so another doctor in the practice will be doing it.)

My doc already processed the paperwork with insurance to get that ball rolling, since they want to do this while my hemoglobin is still in the safety zone where I can be cleared for surgery. If we wait another cycle or two it won't be.
Unread 09-18-2013, 02:51 PM

My doctor gave me two dates, the 7th of Oct and the 21st of Oct. So I was allowed to pick straight away when I wanted mine. I picked the 7th so its over and done with.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-18-2013, 02:52 PM

I went in in June and they could not schedule me until October. Partly because the Dr. was going to be on vacation. And he only does surgery a couple days a week - and I guess he's popular! At least that is what I am telling myself
Unread 09-18-2013, 02:53 PM

I went to the Doctor in July. I got a call a few days later and scheduled the surgery 5 weeks later. I took the first available date.
Unread 09-18-2013, 03:35 PM

I was diagnosed with cancer in March. I was referred to a gyn onc and saw him three weeks later. The hospital called a couple weeks after that with my surgery date. I had surgery seven weeks after seeing the gyn onc, so ten weeks from diagnosis to surgery.
Unread 09-18-2013, 06:57 PM

Mine was scheduled a week after my consult with a gyn onc. It ended up being canceled for two more weeks after my MRI came back as positive for a heart attack! Had to be cleared by a Cardiologist! Was told by the cardiologist that is was read wrong and gave a go ahead for surgery! I guess it depends on the doctor. I was Grade1,Stage 1.
Unread 09-18-2013, 11:09 PM

After I had my appointment with the doctor and spoke to the insurgence nurse, they scheduled a date that day. Then it took 3 days for the insurance to approve the surgery. That was on Sept. 11th, and I'm scheduled for pre-op on Oct. 9th and surgery on Oct. 15
Unread 09-18-2013, 11:29 PM

I went in to my dr sept 9th and was scheduled that day for oct 8th. Still waiting for ins approval letter, hopefully it comes soon.
Unread 09-19-2013, 02:32 PM

I have a consult date! The doctor's office called today and I go in Monday morning. I'm so happy to finally have a consult because I know the next step is to schedule the surgery. I am SO ready to get rid of this constant pain.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register