endo left on ovaries | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

endo left on ovaries endo left on ovaries

Unread 10-10-2007, 01:51 PM
endo left on ovaries

Hi ladies

I am about 8 weeks out of surgery and I am still having quite a bit of pain in my ovaries. I had a LAVH on Aug 14th due to severe endometriosis. The Doc said he would keep at least one ovary if they were healty. He ended up keeping both, however they were covered in endo! He put me on depo shot and said that whatever was left would eventually melt away. It is kind of frustrating because I am still having pain on an off in my ovaries. I just want to say that I feel great! Has anyone experienced this? Has anyone been on depo before? Are there any side effects?

Thanks
kim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-10-2007, 02:18 PM
endo left on ovaries

I had stage IV endo. My doctor explained to me during the pre op that she would take out any endo she found because to leave any behind would be defeating the purpose of the hysto. I knew I would have a TAH/BSO going into the surgery. Endo is estragon driven, even if you kept your ovaries, they would still be producing estergen, feeding the endo, causing pain. I am not sure why he would leave them in. I would much rather be taking HRT with no endo than to go thru the pain, and Lupron with ovaries covered in endo, knowing the pain of the surgery and the pain of endo would be there. She also explained that the surgery may not take away all my pain because there could be microscopic endo she could not find that could cause problems later. That just kind of baffles me a bit. I was on depo but as a mean of birth control. I gained a bunch of weight. I hope this helps.
Unread 10-10-2007, 04:37 PM
endo left on ovaries

Hi...I had a TAH on July 23rd 2007 due to a vary large cyst and I only have 1 ovary left, my doct found endo all over during the surgery, I am only 31 and do not want to do any HRT due to the long term affects of HRT. I was given the lupro shot and was due for another one on Oct. 19th but decided not to. I decided against it because of the weight gain and also research shows that is vary hard on womens bones and leads to osteo. I googled the lupron shot....hope this helps....good luck,,,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-10-2007, 05:50 PM
endo left on ovaries

Hi........ I had a lavh in aug also 8weeks next week My doc also found endo on ovaries Iam now on lupron and 1 week after I stared getting hot flashes night sweats depression and also very moody My doc told me he may have to go back in and take them. If 6months of lupron doesnt help Iam not sure about all this either but endo doesnt just melt away hope this helps
Unread 10-11-2007, 07:37 AM
endo left on ovaries

Hi again..I have been having hot flashes I take 75mg of Effexor for the flashes and depression. I started to get really bad headaches around 8 wks and was given a migrane script. Now I am having really bad insomnia and am having some cramping. If they take your ovaries you will go into menapause and have to be on estrogen, I think..I am not sure how old you are but if that happens (taking both ovaries) you may want to look into all your options. Estrogen is a scarry thing due to the side affects..I think this is the hardest thing I have been through...I did find humor in an article that I found on how to manage hot flashes, it said to avoid hot bathes, hot coffee, hot foods, hot weather and pretty much any thing hot....lol...good luck....love ya...tiff

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register