Weight gain??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Weight gain??? Weight gain???

Unread 08-05-2005, 10:16 PM
Weight gain???

Hi everyone!

I am just about 2 1/2 weeks post-op from a TAH/BSO on July 18th. Everything has gone pretty well so far except for the hot flashes and insomnia! My question is weight gain.

I'm not taking any HRT for at least 6 months due to severe endo. I have been fairly active since I got home from the castle ( I was in for 5 days due to a high fever) because my father passed away while I was in the castle. So, when I got out there was a service to plan for, family to see, etc. I have been good about not lifting things and such but I have been fairly active being out and about. But since my surgery date I've gained 2 1/2 pounds. Could this just be swelly belly? Or could it be the chocolate I"ve eaten from depression!

Thanks for any advice!
Tracie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-05-2005, 10:58 PM
sorry to hear

sorry to hear about your dad...so much to go through...my surgery was the 19th and i am with you when it comes to the not sleeping...i finally fall asleep about 2am...tried not drinking any caffeine today hoping it would help but its midnight here in missouri and i am still wide awake!! I dont know what i am going to do when i go to work...the weight gain has gone a little differently for me...lost about 5 lbs right after...no appetite...now i think i am going to gain it back! feeling better...appetite better...not good...well i am going to go back to bed and see what happens...by the way, on the Jane Pauley show this week she talked about insomnia and a doc said that being on the computer is the worst thing you can do before going to bed because the light from the monitor fools your brain into thinking its daytime!!!! and here i am doing it anyway...oh well
Unread 08-05-2005, 11:11 PM
Weight gain???

I have lost 24 pounds in the last few weeks after surgery due to the loss of my ability to taste much of anything and a lack of appitite. My belly was swelling 3 inches or more a day. I have huge puffy stretch marks across my stomach from this wonderful experience. I am now only swelling an inch to inch and a half a day at six weeks. So, I don't think it is the swelly belly. You can try some Bromelain. It's supposed to be really good for inflamation. I found some at the local GNC and am going to give it a try.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-06-2005, 02:23 AM
Weight gain???

So sorry to hear about your dad too.. !

There are over the counter things you can take for the hot flashes, I seen a bunch of stuff by the vitamins when I went. I took Tylenol PM when I couldn't sleep.
As for the weightgain, I lost 10lbs after surgery because I had NO appetite...I drank enough flavored water to fill a lake..lol.
You have to remember that eating right helps with weightloss too. When I started eating, I made sure I had breakfast with my vitamins/calciumpill/estrogen.
A small lunch and a sensible dinner..snacked on fruit in between when needed. I've not really had the desire for junkfood, which is a FIRST, for me. I LOVED chewy chips ahoy cookies, but, I can walk right past them now.
If you're feeling that depressed, call your DR..he may not be able to put you on estrogen, but there has to be something he can do for the depression!
I hope you guys feel better soon!
Hugz
Bernadette
Unread 08-07-2005, 05:45 AM
Weight gain???

So very sorry for your dad. I had sx on 7/28/05. I woke up hungry. I went straight from ice to a full course meal. It was great. You have to consider there is fluid building up around your tummy. It would be nothing to gain 2-6 lbs of fluid. Stop weighing often and go for some chocolate. Hey it helps when you are down. Get through your grieving and you sx healing and then wory about the extra 2-6 lbs. Hey you can take that off right? You may not have to worry about it. Hang in there princess your going to make it!
sheila-k

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register