my fibroid isn't making me bloated? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

my fibroid isn't making me bloated? my fibroid isn't making me bloated?

Unread 09-22-2008, 11:34 AM
my fibroid isn't making me bloated?

I'm 48 and I have had abdominal pain for over a year, along with incontinence, pelvic pain and lower back pain. A CT scan was done and my kidneys and bladder were deemed healthy.
My major complaint the last few weeks is abominal bloating and feeling full/tight fitting clothes at 5' 7" and 143 lbs. I don't have an appetite and can't eat much. I told my doctor that I wanted Ovarian cancer ruled out and asked for an ultrasound. It was done on Sept. 11th. The test revealed I have a 3 cm uterine fibroid. No data was provided about its location within or outside the uterus or its type. The CT scan measured my uterus at 11 cm and the transvaginal ultrasound measure it at 7 cm. What a difference in a week's time!
When my GYN told me that this small fibroid is not causing my symptoms, I should stay off the Internet for medical research, and I probably have IBS, I decided to get another opinion. The second GYN told me on Sept 18, that she doesn't want to do surgery in case doing so doesn't clear up my symptoms. She wants me to see a GI doctor because she thinks something could be going on with my colon. The left side of my abdomin hurt when she put pressure on it.
I asked for a more detailed ultrasound, that will be done on Sept. 30th.
What I want to know is if any of you have had a fibroid of this size removed and did it clear the symptoms I mentioned? or Do you think I'm crazy for thinking my symptoms will be gone if I have the fibroid taken out? My mom said she had the same symptoms and the hyster ended them for her. She told the doctor that, but it didn't seem to help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-22-2008, 01:48 PM
my fibroid isn't making me bloated?

since youve gotten two opinions and both dr's feel that a hysterectomy wont solve your problems, its probably best to see a gi dr to rule out conditions that can be causing your pain. i personally would want everything ruled out and i'd want to be sure its really the fibroid. it would be terrible for you to go through major surgery, have an organ removed, go into surgical menopause if your ovaries are removed..only to find out you had a gi problem after all. good luck

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register