Lack of sleep | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Lack of sleep Lack of sleep

Unread 05-24-2002, 11:14 AM
Lack of sleep

I just found out on Monday of this week I had to go in to have a TAH BSO. Ever since my DR told me this, I hvae not been able to sleep at night. Is this normal?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-24-2002, 12:59 PM
Completely normal!!

This is one topic you certainly are not alone with. I haven't slept well in so long, I forget what it feels like. Besides my doctor having me strung out on hormones so I don't get a period, my brain refuses to shut down so I can get some sleep. I am hoping after surgery I well get some much needed and well deserved shut eye.

I wish the best for you. I wish I could give you some magical advice on sleeping but I haven't found it yet. Maybe another sister will be along shortly with the answers. Hang in there!!

Donna
Unread 05-24-2002, 02:03 PM
It doesn't get any better...

I had surgery 5 weeks ago on 4/18. I had a tah/bso. I haven't had sleep since I had surgery. Went today and the Doc gave me something to help me sleep. I am taking Premarin 1.25 twice a day and thought it was my body just getting used to the hormones but don't guess it was. A lot of us on the Post op side are suffering from Insomnia. I was thinking about starting an Insomniac's club. LOL.
I hope to get some good sleep tonight....

Sleepless in CA......Tammy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-24-2002, 02:04 PM
Lack of sleep

Completely totally normal! Your mind is racing with thoughts of just everything. I started exercising right before my surgery, walking on the treadmill at night. It wore me out enough that I gradually fell asleep. I also talked to my doctor and told him that I couldn't sleep, as it was under 7 days before the surgery, I was outta luck. But, it returned after surgery and they gave me some wonderful sleeping aids that helped me get readjusted to my home and bed. It's hard after the castle!

Sara
Unread 05-24-2002, 04:19 PM
Lack of sleep

As the other ladies have told you it is perfectly normal. Often the best thing to do is get up instead of tossing and turning. There were nights I couldn't get my mind to shut down, I would be thinking of things I needed to get done, so I'd give up, go and make lists. Then I usually could relax and fall asleep. But there were nights that I just couldn't fall asleep, so I'd read, surf the net, or watch tv. Usually I'd be so tired the night after one of those really bad nights that I'd sleep better.

A walk in the evening may help burn off some of the excess energy and and stress and help you fall asleep.

If the lack of sleep is affecting the rest of your life you should talk to your DR and see what s/he suggests.

Best wishes!
Unread 05-24-2002, 09:38 PM
Hi

I know what ya mean I am so nervous too and since i found out I haven't been doing good either sleeping or eating good.. being grouchy to family it is just too much stress I hope everything turns out well for ya !!!
Unread 05-24-2002, 10:15 PM
Lack of sleep

Dear RenaDuBois,

Me too. I'm wide awake 11:00 - 3:00 p.m. and dead tired 9:00 - 12:00 the next day. This has happened so often that now I'm afraid it's more a pattern of sleep I'll have to change. I go on this way for days and then collaspe one night and sleep for 8 hours.

Mlweeman is right - they say not to just lie in bed. Get up and do something but try not to wake everybody else up!

Good luck... Lauren

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register