The date is set | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

The date is set The date is set

Unread 10-07-2013, 07:56 PM
The date is set

My surgery date was scheduled today. November 1

I'm nervous Everyone keeps telling me not to be nervous you will be fine. I understand they are being supportive but....I'm nervous. I've never had any type of surgery before.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-07-2013, 08:57 PM
Re: The date is set

I think it is good to be nervous. So long as you aren't completely freaking out and not able to do anything you should be ok. A little nervousness might make you prep more.

I at least have had surgery before. You get stuck in a hospital gown and set on a hospital bed. Then about 3 or 4 people you've never seen before in your life will come and ask you questions and mark things off that you may or may not have to sign. Your doc should come and talk to you. Then someone comes and puts an IV in your arm. Then they wheel you to your operating room. After that, the anesthesiologist dumps magic potion in your IV and you kinda drift off to sleep (if you are getting put to sleep for your surgery).

So long as the surgery itself goes well and you have no weird reactions to anesthesia, you wake up in recovery all achy and woozy. Then you are in the hands of recovery nurses for the most part. They have a mental list of everything you have to be able to do before you go home. If you stay over night you get fed hospital food. You get some good drugs while in the hospital and you maybe get not as good, but still fun drugs to take home with you.

Hope your surgery goes well.
Unread 10-07-2013, 10:11 PM
Re: The date is set

Being nervous sounds normal to me! It is easy to tell someone not to be nervous but it's almost impossible to actually follow that advice. I was a rainbow of emotions and then I had my pre-op apt and the nerves simmered down a bit. Hang in there and we'll be here to help you prepare and stay busy!

Deb

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register